Strong support needed!

Started by albeback, October 16, 2012, 11:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albeback

Does anybody know off hand if there is a cast metal undercarriage set available for the Revell/Matchbox 1/72 Victor K2.

My latest pece of lunacy involves a TWIN  Victor and, it will be very heavy when complete. While I'm prepared to use the kit parts as a temporary measure, I'd prefer something a lot stronger.

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Rheged

Quote from: albeback on October 16, 2012, 11:36:35 PM
Does anybody know off hand if there is a cast metal undercarriage set available for the Revell/Matchbox 1/72 Victor K2.

My latest pece of lunacy involves a TWIN  Victor and, it will be very heavy when complete. While I'm prepared to use the kit parts as a temporary measure, I'd prefer something a lot stronger.

Allan

Ask Kit to  slip  you a billet of UNOBTAINIUM. Nothing flies in Whiffworld   without it!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

albeback

Quote from: Rheged on October 17, 2012, 05:04:14 AM
Quote from: albeback on October 16, 2012, 11:36:35 PM

Allan

Ask Kit to  slip  you a billet of UNOBTAINIUM. Nothing flies in Whiffworld   without it!

Lol!! ;D
Never thought of that. Worth a try!!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

PR19_Kit

The billet size for a 1/72 Twin Victor wouldn't be very large and we may have some that size in stock, but it would weigh about 4 tons so the postage may be a tad excessive.......  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2012, 01:36:21 AM
The billet size for a 1/72 Twin Victor wouldn't be very large and we may have some that size in stock, but it would weigh about 4 tons so the postage may be a tad excessive.......  ;D

but we also do an airdrop delivery of 4 ton billets [we fly HP dart heralds btw]  ;D

seriously though, i don't think allan that anyone has ever done a metal undercarriage for the victor. you maybe able to reinforce the kit u/c with metal rod cut to length, but i am not sure. the kit u/c is quite sturdy as it is.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rheged

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on October 18, 2012, 02:49:28 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2012, 01:36:21 AM

but we also do an airdrop delivery of 4 ton billets [we fly HP dart heralds btw]  ;D

An airdrop of 4 tons could quite upset someone's afternoon if it landed in the wrong place!

At the risk of introducing the dreaded thread drift virus,  I recently came accross an article with a superb misprint 

HP DRAT HERALD  anyone?

Seriously, you could possibly model the twin Victor as a gate guardian, with obvious  extra  undercarriage support material.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet