Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Are both the RW ones and yours going to stay in that boring grey ? Kind of a let down after their beautiful Sea Kings !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 03, 2014, 07:37:51 AM
Are both the RW ones and yours going to stay in that boring grey ? Kind of a let down after their beautiful Sea Kings !

:blink:
unfortunatly, yes.
but there was a desision made recently that the low-vis roudels will be decaled over by the traditional tricolor high-vis roundels.
reason is that the low-vis markings make it difficult to identify the helicopters nationality, even with the "BEL" text under the roundels.

but no worries,  im working on whiffing a more colorfull alternative ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Atta boy Nils ! Would look awesome in the Sea King scheme  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #59

the NH90's are finally done and the bench is now as good as empty.
first up on the list today is to clean up the workstation before starting on new projects.
im also expecting a package of stash additions to arrive today, including the huge 1/72 Mi26 Halo im building for my little brother.

yesterday, i spent most of my time looking at designing new decals for future projects.
ive been getting in the mood to build some ships lately, so i might have a look in the ships stash to see if i can find something that tickles my fancy.
as for aircraft, i think im gonna start with something small, luft46 or a small 1/144 model. i was gonna start with the 1/72 Airbus A400M, but i have some problems regarding space at the moment, but i should take care of that.

i guess thats about it for now, i got tons of ideas i want to build, but i can only take a few of them at a time.

so, more soon, in the mean time, here's a pic of the NH90's.....

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

They do look good Nils ! Can we see a few more pics of them ? Maybe beside a Sea King too ?

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #60

started on a new what-if project today, a Lunar Exploration Tank for the Space GB over on BTS.
the idea came fror an image i saw in a TinTin comic. as a basis im using a leftover Armourfast 1/72 Crusader II tank, im gonna add some modifications such as glass domes, FLIR camera, searchlights,.....
ive already started with removing the provisions for the gun.

as for aircraft, im gonna stick with some 1/144 Real world kits for a while, but i have been looking for some 1/72 projects.
one idea that i might start soon is a 1/72 CF-105 Arrow in Belgian Air Force markings and a Vietnam Color scheme.
serials have already arrived last week from DACO, thinking of using the large FC-xx serials originally used for the TF-104G.
as for a TSR2 planned later down the line, i think im gonna use some leftover Mirage 5BA serials.

but the workbench is still largely empty, so im thinking of adding a 1/144 whiff to the line, im thinking a 1/144 E-2C Hawkeye in RN Fleet Air Arm markings for my HMS Courageous aircraft carrier.  :thumbsup:

also, in order to relieve some pressure on myself, i decided to cancel my WWII: 1946 story build.
i am still going to build all the '46 themed aircraft i planned, but as seperate builds.

more soon.....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Sounds like a good plan Nils ! Look forward to seeing your spoace tank. And the Belgian Arrow sounds awesome ! I still consider mine to be one of my favourite Whifs, and has a special place on my shelf.

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #61

lots of activity on the bench this week.
while the moontank build is stalled at the moment, 2 more projects are on the go.
first one is the 1/72 CF-105 Arrow in Belgian markings, and i decided to go for the canadian grey/green camo patern.

the second project is a small side project in 1/144. its a redesigned and updated version of the Alpha Jet.
using a Revell Alpha jet as a basis, i scratchbuilt new tailplanes, similar to that of the Kawasaki T-4.
im also planning to change the landing gear to something more modern.
i call it the Alpha Jet 4 (or IV).
the main changes include revised tails, a lowered wing, revised intakes (removal of the diverter plates) and reframed canopy.
the changes are similar ot the kawasaki T-4, but from a certain agle is shows similarities to the M-346/yak130. mostly due to the shorter tail.

furthermore, in the design phase, i have a 1/144 Boeing 737-800 tanker version in the works, and im thinking of building it in RNZAF markings, to go together with another undefined fighter (possibly an aircraft with a refueling probe, as the KC737 wont have a boom).
also waiting in line is a Revell 1/72 Beriev Be-6 Madge, witch im planning to build as a German Blohm & Voss seaplane in a Luft'46 plan.
i got a backstory in the works aswell.

and now, for more good news.
this week, i heard im going to an uncle (yes, AGAIN, 5th time  :rolleyes: ) as my younger brother and his girlfriend are expecting theyre second child. i guess my 2 year-old nephew Jayden is going to have a little brother or sister to play with  ;D

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Congrats on the uncle thing Nils. I'm a great, great uncle now  :blink: :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

You'll find that the plastic on the Revell Madge is very thick and brittle. More old style than the plastic injectionmoulds of today. Great for a donor kit. Basically a reboxed Playfix kit from East Germany.
Great work.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #62

very little activity this week, i have been trying to look into alternative parts for my lunar exploration tank, as the glass dome from a 1/72 TBM Avenger seemed a bit to large.
still havent found anything, but ive been thinking of scratching a clear polyester cabin, as used on training vehicles for future tank drivers.

for example:

in other news, no progress on the CF-105 or the Alpha Jet 4, but im gonna continue with that shortly.
development on the KC-737 is also stalled, but im thinking of building it as a flying boom tanker, as the Boeing 737 has a lot of design commonalities with the 707/KC-135.
as for markings, i thinking of going Belgian, with my own Low-Viz markings design (lightened tricolor, similar to the RAF roundels in Desert Storm).
for a color scheme, im thinking all desert pink with light grey underside. maybe with a darker sand colored trim  :mellow:

furthermore, im looking into something new to build, as i noticed that all my recent models are to much boring grey  :-\
so for a smaller side project, im looking into something more colorfull, i dont know what to build yet, but im thinking of a helicopter in 1/72  ;D

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Could you just rob a cab from a toy truck ? We have dollar stores around here that have all sorts of cheap toys that could be 'whiffed'.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

PS-I like the idea of the Madge. Look forward to seeing the kit being built...I'll have to ask my LHS if he can find one, I never even knew they existed until the other day !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #63

ok, usually i post blogs somewhere in the weekend, but since my weekend gonna be pretty filled up, im gonna post one now.

no physical modeling activiy this week, but there has been a lot of research work for the lunar tank and i think i have a good final design.
no progress on the CF-105 this week either due to lack of time.
the Alpha Jet 4 is nearly finished and i ready to recieve paint.

tomorrow, no activity as im off to the openhouse at the local airport, there will be visits from various types of old & modern aircraft, from a Boeing Stearman/Kaydet and SA342 Gazelle, to a Sea King  :wub:
sundays also out due to a special reason.

and now, a personal note: im saying goodbye to the single life, as of yesterday i am now in a commited relationship  :thumbsup:
we met each other on a datingsite 2 weeks ago and started chatting everyday ever since, and we appear of have almost everything in common. yesterday was our first date, and we felt so good about each other that today we have started our relationship.
this will not change my modelbuilding abilities, as we have both agreed to continue doing the things we like and respect each others freedom. (yes, she's a keeper and we love each other very much). off course, we have both agreed not to rush into thing to quickly, as we want to get to know each other better. but let me tell you, i never thought love could feel this good  :wub:

ok, enough with the mushy stuff!  :rolleyes:

so, sunday im spending the day with my girlfriend, and perhaps sunday evening when i get back i might start work on the lunar tanks new cabin. the CF-105 might also  need some scratchbuilt parts for the cockpit.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.