Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Congratulations with the relationship  :thumbsup:

As you said "committed" and that's what most of us should be the way we feel about our other half's, the best of luck with her.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #64

there has been little progress on the bench this week, the Alpha Jet 4 is nearing completion, the lunar exploration tank and the CF-105 have no progress.

however, i have started a new smaller build this week, another 1/144 scale Alpha Jet, to be painted up in the colors of the New Flanders Air Force "Comets" Aerobatic team, in a yellow/black color scheme :mellow:

not much model time last week as i wanted to spend some time with my GF, but as i said before, i will not stop building models (and she doesnt want me to  :wub: ).

yesterday, i went to Wevelghem municipal Airport for the 2nd annual Bronco Fan Day, to see the Bronco Demo Team's newly restored OV-10B Bronco. compared to last year, the weather was nice and warm so the BBQ outside was great (compared to last year when it was freezing cold and snowy and the event was moved indoors). so expect pictures of that event later today  :thumbsup:

i might even start on some Bronco kits when the workbench clears up  :rolleyes:

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Congrats on the GF Nils ! Way to go buddy ! As a fan of your work, I'm glad you're not going to let your new relationship get in between you and your plastic....but I bet it's going to slow it down quite a bit !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #65

finally clearing up the workbench, its been a busy week.
last week i had to go to Ghent for in infosession on my planned retraining course (Industrial Technical Drawing 2D/3D).
my first evaluation test is tomorrow in Brugges, but getting in is not as easy as i first thought, last week there were about 60 or 70 people at the infosession, while there are only 20 openings for the course (10 in Brugges and 10 in Antwerp), so my chances of succesfully getting in are roughly 7 to 1, but i like those odds  :rolleyes:. and since i already have some knowledge in the skills and field of work, i have a good advantage.

in terms of modeling, i just finished my "Comets" Alpha Jet and my Alpha Jet 4 is ready for decals, but ive made some big changes on this little 1/144 kit, including a Russian shielded nosewheel, and it kinda has that Russian-feel to it, so i might rename it as a Russian built trainer (thinking of naming it MIG-UT or Yak-150, or PZL I-25) a small ellementary jet trainer similar to the Macchi M311 (M345) and Fouga Magister.

next on the list is to get that Lunar exploration tank moving, as the project has been pretty much gathering dust lately and needt to be done by mid-april (BTS space GB). the CF-105 also needs to get moving, as so far, no progress has been made due to lack of time.

as said before, next in line are a 1/72 Beriev Be-6 (alt. WW2 luftwaffe), Sea King (RW Belgian commision build) and a 1/144 Boeing KC737 tactical tanker (decals under design, im thinking Belgian low-vis grey or Desert Pink (RAF in Iraq 2003))

decal designing is also underway for other future projects, such as alternate markings for a Tupolev Tu144D (thinking East-German Interflüg), 1/144 RNLAF Fokker-100 SOSTAR-X (or other ELINT platform), East-German army vehicle markings (future armour vehicles), NATO+OTAN markings for Airbus A340 or other aircraft,......

the sheets design is about 75% full, so i still have some space left for other planned decal designs still in the thinking-stage.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Out of those 6-70 at the info session, some might see that many applicants as a threat and drop out, increasing your adds again ! Plus your aformentioned training....you're a shoe-in  :thumbsup:

Still looking forward to seeing the Arrow but especially the Beriev. Would like to see some build pics of that one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on March 07, 2014, 02:11:00 PM
Congratulations with the relationship  :thumbsup:

As you said "committed" and that's what most of us should be the way we feel about our other half's, the best of luck with her.

Gondor

Best of luck from family Rheged too.    I've been with Madame Rheged for 28 years so far  and We both hope you manage the same or better!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #66

i just finished the Alpha Jet 4 earlier this week allong with the "Comets" Alpha Jet, pictures will be up soon.
now most of the work will go to getting the Lunar tank project moving.
the CF-105 has no progress due to lack of time this week, but im gonna get it moving again in the next few days.
meanwhile, im putting the finishing touches on a secret project ive been working on for some time, pictures will be up tomorrow  :mellow:

weanwhile, the workbench is being prepared for the next projects (1/72 Belgian Seaking (commision build) and 1/72 Beriev Be-6 in luftwaffe markings, might start on another commisionbuild NH90-NFH to).
the 737 tanker has been put on hold till after the decal design stage. im also looking of taking some RW and whiff 1/144 projects in between.

meanwhile, last week i took my first of 3 tests (math and numbers) for my Industrial Technical drawing re-education course, and i recieved news that i have passed this test :thumbsup:
i have been invited for a motivational interview tomorrow morning (2nd test) and should know the results of that in about 2 weeks time.
my chances of getting in have improved from 7 to 1, to 4 to 1, but im not in yet. if tomorrow's interview went well, there's still a psycological test in 3 weeks time, but i think i already passed the hardest part, but i dont want to cry victory to soon.

meanwhile, last saturday i visited my GF's parrents, it went very well from what ive noticed  :thumbsup:

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Well done mate, best of luck with the rest of the tests
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Quote from: Nils on March 31, 2014, 04:45:22 AM
Blog Entry #66
meanwhile, last saturday i visited my GF's parrents, it went very well from what ive noticed  :thumbsup:

As in 'they didn't chase me out with a shotgun' ?

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Which Sea King scheme are you building ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 02, 2014, 10:31:48 AM
Quote from: Nils on March 31, 2014, 04:45:22 AM
Blog Entry #66
Looking forward to seeing some pics. Which Sea King scheme are you building ?

im building them (2 or 3) in the green/sand camo with the orange/red nose & tail.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Perfect. Your commission wants one of each ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #67

Deu to a bad case of the flu, coupled a few days of laryngitis, i wasnt able to get any activity done this week  :-X
medication and antibiotics dont exactly help with my concentration. but i have been feeling better today, so i might get some work done.
im looking at starting on a small RW 1/144 Tornado GR1 or F-104S, just to get me motivated.
the CF-105 also needs to make some progress.
as for the Lunar Exploration Tank, i decided to exit the Space GB over on BTS and put the project on ice for a while.
it will gave me a chance to start on other more immediate projects, beginning with some Luft46 models  :thumbsup:

i have to start on Commision builds this week, the list at the moment stands on 2 NH90-NFH's and 2 SeaKing Mk.48's, for 3 customers.
however, these will likely be the last commision builds as i decided to put an end on incomming orders until the current orders are fullfilled.

furthermore, i have some bad news  :-\
in regards to my re-education in Industrial 2D and 3D drawing, last week i went for the 2nd test, the motivational interview.
it didnt went as good as i first thought, and apparently, im out :angry:

on one side, im dissapointed, but on another, im relieved. i gave it my best shot, no one can say i didnt try  :-\
now im gonna put some extra effort in getting work, witch is near to impossible in the current social-economic climate.
guess im gonna have to go to start competing against Eastern-European low-cost workforces (who work for 1/3 less then indigenous personel). its against my ethics, but at this point i dont have much choice, ive been at home for over a year, and boredom and frustration is destroying me.
but im gonna find some type of work, even if i have to kick-in doors, if needed.  :tank:

more soon....

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Sorry to hear that Nils, but you have exactly the right attitude. Best of luck

Dizzyfugu

Be-6 in German markings sounds interesting... any updates about that?

I considered converting one into a FAA aircraft, but finally rejected the plan due to space issues.  ;)