Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #82

The bench is clearing up, i just finished building both 1/144 Super Hornets,
pictures can be seen here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36704.msg645390.html#msg645390

preperations are now being made to start on the next projects.
the biggest one is the 1/144 Airbus A350-900XWB in SABENA markings.

in 1/72, im gonna get things moving on the 2 Sea Kings, and im also gonna get ready to start a new small project, A PM Model Ta.183.
i have already build one a few years ago, but this one will be mode detailed, including a cockpit (from a revell 1/72 Fw190A) and maybe some X4 missiles (made from 1/72 Mk.82 bombs and plasticard, might even look at 1/144 Mk.83/84 for conversion).

there's still more to follow, but for now, i need to get things moving that have been on the bench for some time now....
yesterday was July 21, the Belgian Independence Day, so it was the ideal time to finish my Belgian 1/144 F/A-18E (see link above).
as for the WW3 build, im gonna put in on hold for a while, until i can get the other projects on the bench moving  :mellow:

in the mean time (and this is for Captain Canada), enjoy this picture of the CF-188E Super Hornet  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

What a beauty....looks perfect ! Love the markings Nils. Nice work !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #83

work on the bench is progressing nicely, the Airbus A350 is nearly finished, all i need to do is finish the engines.
should be done in a few days.
work is also expected to begin shortly on a PM Model 1/72 Ta.183 Hückebein.

i have no idea what the next project will be, might be naval ship, dont know yet.
anyways this weekend, weather permitting, im going to Koksijde for the first (possibly annual) Fly-In. and my girlfriend is coming with me.
i really hope the weather will improve, forecasts dont look to good. on the other side, im stuck with a bad summer cold that i just cant seem to get rid off  :-\

next week im taking my GF to the Zoo in Antwerp, havent been there since i was 5 and she really wants to go.
also next week, im off to the annual Wings & Wheels show in Ursel (only about an hour's drive from my GF's place by bus), so expect some stash additions from that  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Sounds like a busy few weeks !

And go for a boat build....not enough of them around here !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #84

the 1/144 Airbus A350-900 is now finished, the last bits of work have just been done tonight, should have pictures up sometime later this evening, or tomorrow afternoon.
next to start is the 1/72 PM Model Ta.183, with the A350 done, im nog gonna concentrate on this build and the 2 1/72 SeaKings.
there might be a smaller project in between, but i dont know what yet  :rolleyes:

there will be no building activity this weekend, as early-evening tomorrow im going to Brugges to spend the weekend over at Jessica's.
we were planning on going to visit the Antwerp Zoo on friday, but bad weather pretty much washed away that plan  :-\
on saturday its the annual Wings & Wheels in Ursel, and weather permitting, me and Jess are going to make a visit.
its gonna be her first time viting the event. last weekend we visited the first annual Fly-In in Koksijde, we had a great time.
here's one of Jess in front of the NA. T-6G Texan, more pictures to follow later  ;)

its been a very busy week, chores wise, but i still managed to find the time to get some modelbuilding done.
next weekend, Jess wil be staying over, were planning on going to the sand-sculpures festival.
then the next few weekends are empty, so time enough to get some modelbuilding done  :mellow:

more soon.....

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #85

work has begun on the PM Model 1/72nd Scale Ta.183 Hückebein. since the PM kit is tad basic, im gonna spruce it up a little bit  ;D
for starters im gonna add a more detailed cockpit, using a leftover revell FW190 cockpit from a previous build.
also, i started scratchbuilding some Rurhstahl X-4 missiles, using 4 Mk.82 bombs from an academy 1/72 OV-10A.
they've been shortened and fitted with plasticard fins, they will recieve some more details later, including the wire housings on 2 wingtips.

i have no idea what the color scheme will be, but im thinking underside grey with 2-tone green splinter camo on the top.
having already built a Ta.183 some time ago (in desert markings) i know that there are some inaccuracies with the kit, but im gonna see if i can improve this otherwise basic-looking kit.

i might start a smaller in-between project allong the line, im thinking either a 1/144 scale fighter aircraft or another 1/72 Luft46 model.
ive been doing some research on the German Kriegsmarine's aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin, and i think i might build a navalised Fw190 or Flitzer. another '46 project down the line is a Messerschmitt P.1099 based torpedo bomber in IJN/IJA markings  ;D
im really getting into a '46 mood lately, and im also thinking of other ideas, including an Italian or Croatian B&V P.194  :mellow:
i also have another 1/72 Arado E.555 in my stash, and im thining all-metal scheme Amerika-bomber with an atomic bomb payload.

of course im also thinking of allied aircraft, including USAAC P-80's, B-35's, USN A-1 Skyraiders, RAF Bearcats,....
im also thinking of German V-1 equiped submarines (licence build I-400 Subs), Aircraft carriers,.....

more soon  :mellow:

PS: i recently got a Tablet (Samsung Tab4), so i can check on updates and make posts here while im at my GF's place :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #86

making good progress on the 1/72 Ta.183, with the paintwork almost done, and most parts assembled.
i decided to keep of the horrible PM rear wheels from the kit, and i replaced these with a pair from a Revell FW Flitzer, a perfect fit.

i dont know what im gonna build next, i might do some RW builds. have planty of kits in the stash to choose from.
i might build a few 1/144 Tornado IDS/ECR/GR1's. i might even build another Luft46 model.
still on the bench are 2 1/72 Sea Kings, i still have 2 more in the stash and im concidering building at least 1 Whiff version.

on the jobsearch front, the intensified search has given results, tomorrow i have an appointment at a company that makes radiators in Zedelgem, and i have another possible (urgent requirement) interview in the pipeline.

i havent had much time for modelling, due to various tasks both at home and elsewhere (at family/friends who needed an extra pair of hands), and the next few days is no different.
and to top it all off, the last 2 days i have been coping with a horrible toothache  :-\ and i fear its gonna cause problems in the next few days during job interviews. if its not the pain, its the drunk/high feeling of painkillers thats gonna cause problems.

more soon........
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Best of luck with the interview mate and the toothache
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #86b

after the interview this morning, ive got a phonecall for another one a bit closer to home, and it was a dayjob rather then 2 shifts.
it was as a CNC machine operator, i went to the interview, and it went great, I START TOMORROW  ;D
pay appears to be reasonable, so is the work, its a 5-day interim job (trials) with possibly a more permanent contract if the trialphase goes well.

after spending a year and a half in unemployment, it will be great to get back to work  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

darthspud

too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Magic stuff Nils, that's REALLY good news!  :thumbsup:

Must be a huge relief for you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #87

bench is all quiet at the moment, after finishing the 1/72 Ta.183 earlier this week, all that on the bench right now are 2 1/72 Sea Kings (long-due commision builds). ive had little to no time this week to do some modelbuilding, mostly due to the fact im back at work.

ive been thinking about doing some Real World builds next and get those SeaKings built. as soon as those are done, i can start on the 2 commision build NH90-NFH's, and then, finally, that 1/72 scale Airbus A400M. the latter is gonna be a bit of a problem, mostly due to lack of shelfspace. with Revell now releasing a 1/144 version very soon, im thinking of putting that 1/72 version on the attic, atleast until i have more space again (or when me and my GF get a place of our own in a good year or so).

as for RW builds, im thinking of building 3 or 4 1/144 Tornado's, just to get the stash slimmed. curretn RW tornado plans are a Tornado GR.1 "Mig Eater" (Desert Storm), Tornado IDS "Marineflieger" (MFG1 markings) and a Tornado ECR "Tigermeet 2011". there might be room for another tornado, i still have a leftover Dragon/DML Tornado F.3 ADV in the stash. i also want to build an Italian AF F-104S some day soon.

of course im still thinking of building Whiffs, currently on the decal design plans are a Managuan AF F/A-18C (as seen in a Buck Danny comic book) and a Turkish Air Force F-15T Strike Eagle.
ive also been thinking on what to do with the smaller airliners i have in the stash, atm there are 1 Airbus A319, 2 A320's and a Boeing 737-800.
for the A319, im gonna build that as a New Flanders Air Force VIP aircraft, one A320 im thinking of building in Genovian Air Force markings and the other A320 might become either a tactical tanker aircraft or an Maretime patrol aircraft.
as for the Boeing 737-800, im thinking of keeping that one for an RW project  :mellow: or as a JSTARS replacement based on the P-8  ;D.

OTHER:

no modelbuilding plans this weekend, as im staying at my GF's place, but i am planning on visiting the Hobbytime model show in Blankenberge this weekend, so i might find some new stash additions  ;D

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.