Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Sorry to hear that mate. Best of luck
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's some bad luck for sure. Hope it work's out for you !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #143

i promised myself, no new builds until after the move, and yet i have started another.
this time a Trumpeter 1/144 YF-23A, only modified into a production machine, ive slightly revised the intake, added an EOTS, cut out the weaponsbay doors and added an internal weapons bay. ive also added 2 external hardpoints for additional fuel tanks.
it will be painted in USAF markings.

the 2 SeaKings and 3 Tonka's still need more work, no change since last week  :-\

ive also got some good news, my unemployment has been postponed for atleast another week 2 weeks, so that a good thing  ;D

more soon......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Sweet ! Some good news is always....good ! The little F-23 would be hard to pass on, I keep thinking the same things anytime I see a stealthy type on a store shelf.....must cut open weapon bays....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

That F-23 will surely be a nice one, i'm watching out for that! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #144

going into the last week of building on the old bench before packing everything up to move.
the bench is making good progress, bit by bit. 2 out of 3 Tornado's are almost finished.
the F-23 is also making great progress, all 3 should be finished by the end of the weekend.
the 3rd Tornado is gonna take some more time, but should be finished before the move.

as for the 2 1/72 SeaKings, there is no way they will be finished before the move, so im prepping them for transport to the new workbench.
the move is moving closer and closer, and there is still more packing and stash inventory checks to do.
im also gotta find time to sort through the boxes with older built models/whiffs, might even throw away some older builds or scrap them for parts.

on monday i will enter my last week on the current job, however, there is a possibility they are going to give me a permanent steady job, it was already brought up during the meeting of the personel manager and the union reps. after a total of 75+ workdays (witch is way more then the 5 they first needed me for) they feel obliged to keep me. im hoping for the best, but from previous experiences i dont want to keep my hopes up to high.

more soon.......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

I hope it works out for you mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Exciting times Nils ! I hope it all works out for you as well. A permanent job would be a life changer for you.

As far as Sea Kings go, we've only been waiting ten years lol  :thumbsup:

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #144b: Continued

im curretnly preparing the stash for the move, all this has to be moved in 2 weeks.
these boxes represent about 60% of the stash, the other 40% is already pre-boxed for storage.
the 1/144 stash is not fully represented here, only the bottom left box and top left is 1/144 (rest is 1/72),
there's still more under the bed and in the attic  :rolleyes:

its only when i start packing that i realise how big the stash is  :blink:  :unsure: :rolleyes:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Cut open them boxes so we can see it all ! lol. Packing is defo an eye opener. As is moving.....once a few years go by, and you realize there are boxes full of stuff you still haven't touched.... :blink:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #145

This will be the final Blog Entry to be posted from my current location, the next entry will be posted from my new home.

preperations are underway to move all my modelbuilding activity to my new home in Oedelem (10 kilometers west of Brugges).
over the past days, all the stash has been boxes up and prepared for the move.

as for the WIP models, i dont think i will finish them in time. the 2 1/72 SeaKings are almost prepped for travel.
progress on the 3 1/144 Tornado's is nearing completion, but i dont think they will be finished in time for the move.
the GR.1 "Mig Eater" is about 95% finished, it just needs its weapons and external tanks. the Marineflieger IDS is in the same spot, also at 95% finished and the German Luftwaffe ECR Tigermeet'11 is about 80% finished, should be looking into getting some decals on it, maybe before the move.

its going to be a very,very busy week ahead, with no modelbuilding activity for the next 2 weeks.
the shedule at the moment doesnt allow it, witch is as follows:

-Monday: Signing the final lease, energy contracts (electricity, gas and water) and the final pieces of paperwork.
-Teusday: to Beernem cityhall for registration into population register, to post office to change my mailing adress.
-Wednesday: back home for the final stages of packing, might move some boxes to the new home if possible.
-Thursday: delivery and assembly of new furniture.
-Friday: delivery of washing machine and installing connection to the internet.
-Saturday: the biggest part of the move, moving all our (me and Jessica's) stuff from our old homes to the new one.
-Sunday: Unpacking and interior works + building Mancave 3.0 (might even start on Saturday with that)
-Monday: Back to work, business as usual.....

its going to be a very busy and stressfull week, but it will be worth it in the end.
the most difficult part will be to get my current collection of models there in 1 piece, during the last move, about a third of it got damaged due to somebody that didnt pay attention to large word FRAGILE written on the boxes (mostly broken wheels, but some got damaged beyond repair). to ensure they arrive safely, i will be packing them myself and im going with them to make sure i dont have to replace or repair half of them.

more soon, from the new location......... :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Yup. That's going to be busy ! good luck Nils
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Yup good luck Nils. Don't get to stressed....just walk away and count to 100  :rolleyes:

DogfighterZen

Good luck! Get that man cave up and running A.S.A.P., you hear? I wanna see those Tornadoes whirling...  ;D :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"