Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 06, 2015, 04:54:42 AM
Nice ! And the first thing you`re going to do is finish those long-suffering Sea Kings ?

:thumbsup:

its on my to-do list, but yes, they will have to be finished soon  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Cool. Instead of just razzing you I should have also mentioned how happy I am for you to be back at the bench, or at the new bench. That's going to feel great and be just what you need after all this work and stress etc !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #151

the new mancave is up and running and fully operational  :thumbsup:
work has resumed on the 3 1/144 scale Tornado's and the 2 1/72 Sea Kings.
there is still some work left on the new workspace, but its only miscellaneous tasks (hanging up posters, a clock, cleaning....)

as soon as the Tornado's are done, im gonna start on the next 2 projects, a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk.1 for the BoB GB and a 1/72 Airfix Embraer/Yakovlev Tucano COIN aircraft (in Russian markings and with russian A2G weapons).

meanwhile, Job Hunting is still proceding at a steady pace, however without results yet.
ive also finished decal designing for another future project, a Belgian AF DeHavilland Comet 4B.
im also gonna look into other future decal designs, including serials for a German Mig-29 (RW), Saudi Su-30MKS, Polish Su-22 Fitter (RW),....
im still looking at the stash and what to make for future projects, im also thinking of designing decals for 1/72 S.H.I.E.L.D AH-1W Cobra's and AgustaWestland AW109's  ;)

i will post some pictures of the new mancave later today  :mellow:.......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Sounds good. What do you use to design and print your decals ? That's something I would really like to try.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 13, 2015, 06:53:35 AM
Sounds good. What do you use to design and print your decals ? That's something I would really like to try.

i use paint.net for the designing, i scan in the parts on my scanner and then use another layer for the decals test.
before using the decalpaper, i print it out on regular paper for size comparison and fitting tests.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #151b

as promised, the first pictures of the completed mancave  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Amazingly tidy Nils.  :thumbsup:

Will it stay that way for long though?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

It's certainly all photoshopped...  ;)

Captain Canada

Great stuff Nils ! So nice and bright and organized ! You`re definitely a multi-kit kind of guy eh !ΒΈ

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Empty shelf space! I see you planned ahead!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

That Man Cave looks comfortable and practical enough for some serious modeling! :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #152

im nearly finished with the 3 1/144 Tornado's and i just started on a 1/72 Spitfire Mk.1.
work will also continue on the 2 1/72 SeaKings, witch i want to finish as fast as possible, as they are becoming a bother due to the too long time they have been on the bench.

next in line on the bench are a pair of 1/144 Mig-29's (and at least 2 more in 2016) and a 1/72 Short Tucano (with Russian markings and armament).
ive reverted back to realworld builds for a while, while thinking of a next WHIFF project, and i came up with quite a few.
thinking of building a Cuban Mig-29 in 1/144 scale, made me think of replacements, maybe an Su-30MK in DAAFAR markings (blue/green camo like the Mig-21/23's).

in terms of decal designing for future project, im still stuck at 2, a Belgian DH Comet 4B and a German Mig-29 (both 1/144).
other projects that need decal designing are the Saudi Su-30, Cuban (post-Castro) and Libyan (Post-Ghadafi) F/A-18C's, Bangladeshi Su-47A, upgraded Russian Su-47M (with Su-35 radarnose and TVC engines),....

there are still more projects to come, but i havent quite figured those out yet. the previously mentioned projects (Belgian and Canadian A330-MRTT's, Belgian A400M,....) are still on the waiting list, but the bench is to crowded at the moment to start on them. should start when the Seakings are done.

more soon.........
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #152b

i spent all morning making backups of my PC files (music, video's, pictures, decal designs, files, firefox bookmarks....) as im planning to do a clean install upgrade to Windows 10. this could take several hours to several days before everything is back to normal.
i wrote all the most important information down on paper, as not to forget certain paswords (that i dont use often).

i know i said i didnt intend to upgrade to Win10 (from Win7) since my PC is over 5 years old (but still running like new), but since im planning to get a new PC in about a year from now, i figured "what do i have to lose?" the upgrade is free, so why not  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

I still have to get on with that myself.....some day ! Looking forward to seeing the Sea Kings Nils, and too right they must be a bother, they've been on the go for years ! It will be like another fresh start for you when they are done  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?