Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #167b

time for a more filled blog entry  :mellow:

work on the 2 SeaKings is progressing slowly, with one seaking now fully painted and the other awaiting its red/orange nose.
work on the 1/72 Mig-21F-13 and 1/144 Airbus A330-MRTT is currently on hold, awaiting completion of the SeaKings.

meanwhile, the next load of projects is undergoing research, i have a Revell 1/144 C-17A in the stash that i was planning on building in SHIELD markings, but now im thinking of building it in a Civilian freighter version, BC-17X, in Belgian Citybird colors  ;D
thinking of either the green or white color scheme, but im leaning towards the green scheme  ;D

im also planning an Airbus A320 in the same scheme, both models will be using the Skyline/DACO decals orriginaly meant for a Boeing 737, 767 and MD-11.

also, research has started on a conversion of an Airbus A300 into a refueling tanker, using the Airfix/Skyline kit that arrived today.
for the underwing pods, i thinking of again, using the hindenburg droptanks from a revell 1/144 Tornado GR.1. as for the refueling boom, i will be scratchbuilding one, using new materials and techniques different from those im using on the A330-MRTT's. i also thinking of a different refueling boom, maybe similar to that used on the KC-10.

of course there is much more planned, including more 1/144 scale fighters and 1/72 fighters & Helicopters, im thinking of reviving my Belgian Army H135M & Tiger-ARH helicopter projects, allong with several other realworld & WHIF builds.

pending on the weather, this sunday im planning on going to the Eeklo scale modelfestival, maybe get some new inspiration and stash additions  ;)

meanwhile, jobsearching is still not progressing as well as i thought, since being stuch at home since september, i figured out that finding decent work has become almost impossible. and to make matters worse, my missus her back is starting to hurt again, last year she spent six months at home due to her bad back. she works at an industrial laundry service not far from here, but as of today, she has started looking for a new & less stressfull job, something that wont strain her back to much. i suggested something in household cleaning services or cashiers work, but also for housekeeping at an old-folks home.
she's not fired or anything, she just wants to look at the alternatives. she had her first job interview this morning and from what she said, aside from her back problems (that could become an issue), it went pretty good.

also, valentine's day (and 2 weeks after that our 2nd anniversary) is coming up, as she doenst read the boards here, so i think its safe to tell here. although financially were still a bit uncertain, i have been thinking of getting a ring, and ask her "the question".

more soon.....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Best of luck with that one mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

LOVE the idea of a CityBird C-17!  :wub:

It's a superb scheme and there's a precedent for civvie C-17s anyway, the Qatar Air Force fly theirs in a Qatar Airways scheme.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #168

the paintwork on the seakings is done, i finished the last details earlier this week, still need to get the tires painted and assemble the rotors.
with the main fuselages pretty much done, im ready to start on decals shortly.

Last sunday i went to the Eeklo modelshow, although it wasnt a big event, it was quite interesting.
i havent uploaded the pictures to an external host yet, but i did upload it to my Facebook page (album should be public):

https://www.facebook.com/nils.steyaert/media_set?set=a.10208510538578139.1073741867.1148021640&type=3&pnref=story

with the seakings almost done, work on the 1/72 Mig-21 and 1/144 A330-MRTT is expected to resume shortly.
ive also been sorting out some stash and looking to sell some surplus kits, the first one, a 1/72 Ju52, has already been sold and is out the door.
there are still more kits in storage at my parents place, those still need to be brought here and sorted out.
most likemy, im planning to sell all my stored 1/48 and 1/32nd scale kits.

also, ive been sorting out the projects and im looking to start on a new build once the current ones are done.
in 1/144 i have various aircraft, with 150+ models to be built in various sizes. same goes for 1/72 scale.
in WHIFs i have various Su-47's and Mig-1.44's, but also, in 1/72, an F-20 Tigershark, 2 Mig-37's, a Belgian Agusta A109, H135M and Tiger-ARH.

on a more private note, valentines day is coming up, but since were going to a birthday party on sunday, we're moving valentines day to saturday. as noted in my previous post, i gonna ask my GF to marry me and i already got an engagement ring, i just hope she will say "yes", ive been quite nervous the past few days  ;)

more soon......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Best of luck though I am guessing that she will say yes

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #168b

She said YES!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Steel Penguin

congratulations to both of you,  and I hope the start of many happy years,  :party: :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Congratulations. I knew she would.

Now all you have to remember is to learn how to compromise with her and to spoil her every now and then.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Congratulations from here, too!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Yup, congratulations to the pair of you  :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: