Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 27, 2016, 05:36:44 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 26, 2016, 06:55:35 PM
Let's see. Engagement, new job and an awesome build in progress! You are busier than a bed bug in a mattress factory!

;D ;D Yup. Lets hope it's all coming together for you Nils, well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And let the times roll!! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #171

due to starting of my new job, there has been no recent modeling activity on the bench.
there will be some progress on my 1/144 Super Hornets this weekend, but only minor paintwork.

looking at the stash, after the Superbugs, im planning on starting a new couple of 1/144 kits, been thinking either Alpha Jets or F-16's.
there are also a series of F-104's down the line, including an RAF F-104K and a Zombite Fighter conversion with scratchbuilt parts.

no progress on the 1/72 seakings this week.

on a personal note, my new job is going great, pays good and the collegues are very pleasent and fun to work with.
tomorrow is me and the missus our second anniversary, so yesterday i came home with flowers, today, im taking her out for a day of shopping in Oostkamp :)

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #172

after some time away from the bench, im finally going to get some work done today  :mellow:
first on the list are the 4 1/144 Super Hornets, followed by the 2 1/72 SeaKings.

meanwhile, im still doing research for the next projects, including a 1/144 zombite fighter (built from a revell F-104G) from Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds:
http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/Zombite_Fighter_Jet
http://s405.photobucket.com/user/phrigbyx/media/_snapshot_040410_20100620_220256.jpg.html

i remember building a 1/72 one almost a decade ago for the USAF group build on this forum, i think i ended in 3rd place back then.
for the smaller one, im going to put in a little more effort, of course, now i have access to more materials & resources compared to 9 years ago. the only thing i cant seem to find easely is the zombite's "ZZ" logo. but i have some old Thunderbirds comics in the archive somewhere, so im gonna try to scan in a clear logo or try to make one myself.

other starfighter variants im planning on building are 2 Whif's (RAF F-104K and an Area 88 F-104G) and 2 realword versions (German and Dutch).
with revell re-releasing the F-5E in 1/144 scale soon, ive also started researching a conversion to build an F-5A variant (NF-5A, CF-5A,...)
i also have plenty of other F-5's planned, including a new and decent Area 88 version, agressor versions and various others....

but before that, im gonna see to finish that Canadian Airbus A330-MRTT (CC-165T) tanker before starting anything new.

more soon.......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #173

this is going to be a very short blog entry.

over the past 2 weeks, there has been no physical progress on the bench.
also, due to the terror attacks in Brussels earlier this week, there has been no progress either.

i have a lot on my bench going at the moment, so there is some pressure to finish them.
projects on the go right now are:

-4 x 1/144 Super Hornets
-2 x 1/72 SeaKings
-1 x 1/144 Airbus A330-MRTT RCAF

next week i have the whole saturday to myself, so i will get some of those finished, most likely the superbugs as these are near completion.
yesterday i went to the seaside for the missus her birthday, and in a good 20 minutes, im going to my parents house and wont be back until tomorrow afternoon, then its back to work on teusday.

more soon.....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #174

After almost a month of no activity, i finally managed to get back in front of the bench  ;D
i have just managed to finish one of the 4 1/144 Super Hornets and am now going to do some work on the other 3.

still no progress on the seakings, but i will look into those later.
last weekend, i was at my parents house for easter and brought home the last box of stored stash from the attic.
after emptying the box, i have started setting aside some of the kits i will be putting up for sale, mostly 1/48 stuff and 1/43 cars.

i might have some luck, as via facebook, i might have been able to score 2 1/144 SeaKings (Sweet) free of charge from someone in Japan ;D
would look great next to the 1/72 examples in the display case.

once the 1/144 A330-MRTT and Super Hornets are done, i might shift my focus to either an Airbus A300-MRTT or some 1/72 Luft'46 models.
as for realworld stuff, im going to start on 3 1/144 Alpha Jets when the Super Hornets are done.
there's also a couple of F-16's (roughtly 8 or so) and F/A-18A/C's (at least 2) down the line. i still have to design some decals for other projects aswell, such as 1/144 Belgian Spitfires (air force + civil), Sabena & Lufthansa Ju52's, 1/72 Thunderbird 6 (tiger moth),......

so although things are going slow, there's a lot more coming down the line  :mellow:

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Been a long time since I`ve caught up with one of my favourite blogs....time sure does fly Nils !

The Zombite looks like a super cool idea.
You just wouldn`t be you if you didn`t have 72nd scale Sea Kings mentioned. Sounds like you`ve got an excuse to finish them tho, with the arrival of the 144th scale examples ! I`ve always wanted some of those Sweet Sea Kings. On this year`s list for sure.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #175

no progress in the past week, and i dont think there will be much done this month due to various engagements (wedding of my brother in law this weekend, next weekend a trip to antwerp,....)

however, yesterdays trip to Bissegem has inspired me to build again, and i have been thinking of new projects  ;D
yesterday, i got revell's new Embraer 195, and looking at DACO/Skyline's 1/200 Citybird Boeing 737 decals, it looks like a match made in heaven, and i can see a great looking WHIFF airliner in this combination. i have a similar plan for a Boeing BC-17 Freighter, using the 1/144 DACO/Skyline MD-11 decals for a Citybird cargo livery  :thumbsup:

no progress on the Super Hornets, the tanker or the SeaKing, i had no time at the bench the past week and its starting to get on my nerves, i really want to do some building again!

more soon......
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #176

its been a while since my last entry, as ive mostly been busy. mostly with work, then 2 weekends with no time (concert visit, brother in law's wedding,.....). however, i am stuck at home this week with a muscle infection in my right foot, that limits my mobility.

im pretty much forced to sit still and limit walking/standing for an entire week (or longer). so thats enough time to get back in the mancave  :mellow:

there has been pretty much no movements on the bench in the past 2 weeks, but later today, im getting back to work on some long overdue projects.
the last few days ive been mostly focused on planning realworld build, mostly fighters & helicopters.
but in terms of what-if, im pretty much in a Civilian kinda mood, leaving the bombs and guns aside for something more piecefull.
ive been looking at reviving some old real/fictional Civilian Airlines, as noted last time, there are plans for a CityBird Embraer 195, Boeing BC-17X, maybe an Airbus A350 or Boeing 787....
but this week, ive been looking at upgrading the fleet of Yamato Airlines (Area 88), swapping the older Boeing 747-200's for the more advanced 747-8. im also planning a freighter conversion of the Airbus A320, possibly TUI/Jetair Cargo.

last weekend i went to a Album Release party of Belgian popstar "Natalia", my GF's a fan and won tickets to this exclusive event.
we didnt only end up on the biggest celeb site in Belgium, but also on the 7 o'clock news on TV  ;D (will find a non-geoblocked video later).

(http://www.showbizzsite.be/fotoboek/natalia-cd-voorstelling-in-my-blood-2016-in-antwerpen picture No.5)

more soon......

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Sorry to hear about the foot Nils but at least you get some modelling time  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #177

just a small update:

all 4 Super Hornets are now finished, and i have now started work on 3 1/144 Alpha Jets (realworld).
im thinking of starting another smaller 1/72 model in between, im thinking a Luft'46 model, as one is long overdue.

but im also thinking of holding that plan off for a while and continue on that Canadian 1/144 A330-MRTT thats been gathering dust in a dark corner of the bench. ive been wanting to start a new airliner project when that tanker is finished.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

I like that plan !

How's the foot doing ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #178

its been over a month since the last blog update, mostly due to lack of time and priorities (such as wedding planning and family matters).
the 3 1/144 Alpha Jets on the bench havent been going anywhere since the last time, and i dont know if im going to have time to finish them.
next week there will be no update, me and the missus are going to Disneyland next weekend.

lots of projects are starting to gather dust, the RCAF A330-MRTT and the 2 1/72 Sea Kings have been put on hold for a while, but once i have some free time, will start into making progress on those projects.

meanwhile, ive also been thinking of what to build next  ;D

in 1/144, i have plans for an Airbus A300 tanker, but im planning to convert the DACO/Airfix A300B2 into a freighter first.
as for color scheme, im thinking a USAF KC-135 style grey with the black trim on the nose.
nationality, im thinking New Flanders or Israel. before that, there's an Embraer 195 in Citybird livery, there might be a BC-17X in the same livery in the future.

also on the waiting list are a number of Luft'46 projects and 1/144 warbirds.

in 1/72, there are a number of helicopter projects, including the long-delayed German Bundesheer H145 in SAR livery and Belgian Air Force H135M and EC665 Tiger-ARH. also in the think tank is a Cuban Air Force AS532 Cougar (H225M).
of the H145, im also planning a Navalised version, as a potential Allouete III and/or Lynx replacement.

more soon....

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 12, 2016, 04:46:23 AM
I like that plan !

How's the foot doing ?

foots doing alright now, but i have an appointment with a peddiatrist on the 17th, seems i need support soles  :-\
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Disneyland Paris Nils ? Could be a bit busy with the Euros taking place plus I hope the weather improves for you  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Sounds good Nils ! Have a great holiday and see you when you get back !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #179

not much progress aside from a few paintjobs on the Alpha Jets, witch are now nearing completion.
today, ive also browsed through the stash and put some redundant and unneccesary kits up for sale (2 of witch have been reserved).
looking at the bench, there is still alot to be done in very little time, aside from the 3 1/144 Alpha Jets, there are also 2 1/72 seaking, a 1/144 Airbus A330-MRTT and a 1/72 H135M (to be started soon).

i still have some decal designwork to do for certain projects, including many 1/144 realword and what-if aircraft.
there are also some 1/72 Luft46 models in the pipeline, including 2 Focke-Wulf Flitzers.
also on the drawing board, is a 1/144 Messerscmitt, Me264 Amerika Bomber (converted out of a 1/144 B-29 and 4 revell miniwings FW190's).

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.