Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Damn, dude!  ;D 

Good stuff.  I tell you... I'd love to see the Enforcer. .. .. . ..     :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #249

i was going to post an update on whats happening on the bench, however it will have to wait as tragedy has struck us this week.

Yesterday, very suddenly, my mother in law passed away :(
so the next few days will be dedicated to being there for my wife and help arranging the funeral with her brother and stepfather.

she was a real angel, loved her like she was my own mother, she will truely be missed :(

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

strobez

Truly sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you, your wife, and the entire family.
Thanks!

Greg

Gondor

Quote from: strobez on November 28, 2018, 01:21:09 PM
Truly sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you, your wife, and the entire family.

The same from me and mine

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

So sorry to hear about such a loss. Go and be there for your wife. She will need you now more than ever.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

So sad for you and your wife Nils. Unfortunately I know only too well how you're both feeling right now.

Time gets you through it eventually.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Very sorry to hear that Nils, please pass my condolences to your wife

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Bugger!

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2018, 06:09:04 AM

From me, too!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 29, 2018, 06:34:30 AM
Bugger!

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2018, 06:09:04 AM

From me, too!

........and from all of family Rheged too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

ill add condolences from Mrs Sp and Myself, to you and the family Nils
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

TomZ

My condolences to you both.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

DogfighterZen

Sad news... my condolences to the family.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #250

being stuck at home last week, helping my wife with the preperations for the funeral last tuesday.
it was a beautiful ceremony, we were surprised with how many people showed up to pay theyre respects.

during my time i was home, i took to the bench a few time to ease my mind for a while.
the 1/144 Airbus A400M is almost done, the basecoat is on, camo should be applied soon.
also finished is a 1/144 Hawker Hurricane Mk1 (realworld, the first of 2).

looking back this week, i dived into the "work in progress pile and found a few partialy started Luft'46 builds.
first is a 1/72 Huma Junkers Ju288, witch im converting into a jet-powered strike bomber, similar to the french vautour.
another is a 1/48 hobbycraft Arado Ar.234 that im converting into a 1/72 airliner. and the other is a revell 1/144 Tu-95 Bear-D that im converting into a Junkers Amerika-Bomber.

finding these projects, im starting to get back into the Luft'46 mood, so i might take up one of those WIP projects.
one of the next projects in line is a 1/72 Mig-21 Fishbed, to be painted and marked up as a Khemedi AF mig in desert camo.
i think ive mastered the airbrush good enough to give it a decent desert camo paintjob.

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.