Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Hope your recovery speeds up Nils :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Don't try to do too much too soon. It can set you back to start over so be careful. A careful recovery from this sort of thing will bring better results.
Get well soon so you can take care of that baby boy when he gets here!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #270

its been a while since the last update, thats because my benchtime was reducesdramaicly due to preperations and furniture assembly for the baby.

i have restarted work on the 5 1/144 scale F-16's that are now nearly finished, the first one has already recieved its decals and is awaiting the last layers of varnish and wheels & weapons.

the next set of builds are a series of MiG-21's and F-104's, both in 1/72 and 1/144 scale. lately im thinking of going back to building some realworld 1/72 models (a Sopwith Camel, F-84's and a Gloster Meteor), just to get inspiration for the next few WHIF builds. to help me relax more, im going back to basics with those builds, that means no airbrush or special tools, but back to good old brush painting (at least for the all-metallic painted models).

im also starting a bit of research on future builds, i have an extra revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 and ive been thinking of upgrading it with a smart weapons capability and more modern air-to-air missiles, might even give it an upgraded glass cockpit and additional external systems. looking at other Civilian build, im looking at converting a Canadair CL-215 waterbomber into a passenger transport, maybe in Air Canada or Alaskan Airlines colors. anoth side build will be the Christmas surprise build and next years April Fools model  ;D

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #271

a month has passed since the last update, lots of things are going on at the moment.
2 out of 5 (the 2 are WHIF Area 88) 1/144 F-16's are now done, 2 more are nearing completion and another has been put on hold.
also started are 2 1/144 Chengdu F-7MG's and a Bf109E in RW Spanish Nationalist markings.

at the moment, the mancave is a huge mess, as im currently reorganising the workplace, a new cabinet (intended for the baby's clothes but turned out to be too small) will replace a smaller one, for this to fit, i had to raise all the shelves by 1 inch so it can fit underneath them. so all the models had to be removed so i can reposition the shelfheight, should be finished by the end of the weekend.

right now i am extremly busy getting everything ready for the baby, so there is very little time to relax and do some modelmaking. with Christmas coming up, there's also much work to be done next weekend aswell.
as soon as these works are done, i will start of a bench clearance build.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kerick

Can you cut 1 inch from the bottom of the cabinet? Might be less work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #272

with the end of the year in sight, i have now begun to empty the workbench. most 1/144 models (F-16's, P-51 and a Bf109) are now finished. i just started on a quick in-between project, an upgrade of the old Revell/Trumpeter SAAB Gripen. the last 1/72 F-16 & Sea King have now moved from holding to the workbench.

reorganisation of the mancave is still ongoing with most of the work now done, the new storage cabin for the Belgian kits is nowin place and filled up. also, i added 2 additional shelves for finished 1/72 builds.

after nwyears, when all current builds (ond those that have been on hold) are done, i will start on the next series of larger aircraft. first up is a 1/144 Boeing 747-100 in Yamato Airlines markings and a 1/144 Airbus A400M in realworld Belgian markings. the latter will be slow paced, as Belgium's first A400M is expected to appear after newyears. but i can already start main assembly and the standard grey paintscheme.

meanwhile, preperations for the baby's arrival is almost done, i just finished assembling the last of the furniture, the babybox.
not long now, its expected now for the end of January.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Certainly not long to go now Nils. :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #273

being stuck at home alone for the next few days as the wife is currently staying in the hospital with signs of Pre-eclampsia.
she's doing okay and the baby is fine, its just a precaution they are keeping her there at least until monday.

in the meantime, ive been visiting the mancave for the last 2 nights te help calm my nerves. and with that, the year will be ended with another closing chapter, namely the last 1/72 Sea King that been gathering dust on the bench for the past 4 years. last night i took it off the shelf of shame and she is now about 99% finished. tomorrow the last stenciling decals will be applied and a coat of varnish.

other project on the "Shelf of Shame" thats going to be revisited are a 1/72 F-16A started last year and a 1/72 Humvee (Belgian Army WHIF). reason im clearing out the SoS is that i need more space for future projects. also, i found 2 earlier started 1/72 Luft'46 projects, as soon that the previous mentioned builds are done, im going to have a look at those.

with the end of the year approaching fast, this will most likely be the last blog entry for 2019.
hope you all have a happy newyear and best wishes for 2020.

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

All the best to you and the Mrs for 2020 Nils  :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #273b

after many years on the bench, the Neverending Sstory.........euh....beast of burden........SEA KING!, is finished  ;D!!!

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TheChronicOne

Yeah buddy, that looks great! Feels good to get them "legacy" builds done.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

That does look good Nils. Really suits that scheme  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..