Spey_Phantom's corner of solitude

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 20, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Excellent Nils, congratulations to both of you.  :cheers: :drink: :party:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Congratulations to the pair of you!!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

I wish I would have talked to her first, I'd ask her to say yes conditionally, and there will be no wedding until the Sea Kings are finally done ! lol Congrats Nils ! Glad to hear she said yes, and that the nerves are finally gone. Well, until the big day that is  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #169

first off, i want to thank everyone for the best wishes, both sides of the family have been overly positive about our engagement  :thumbsup:

now, back to models  :mellow:

progress on the Sea Kings is going slow but good, the first one already has its first decals on and recieved a coat of sealant.
ive also been looking into starting some other projects soon, including various 1/144 Super Hornets, F-16's and F-15's.
im also gonna look into continueing on the Mig-21 this weekend.

ive also been researching on more projects in 1/72 scale, including a strike version of the Mig-1.44.

sorry for the short blog entry, there just hasnt been much building going on lately.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #170

work on the Sea Kings is progressing slowly, should be done soon  :mellow:
i also started work on 4 1/144 Super Hornets (1 twin- and 3 singe seaters) including a single seat growler  ;D

next in line in 1/144 is a couple of F-16, including an EF-16C electronic warfare aircraft, as a replacement for the EF-111A.
i also have a couple of Russian Air Force fighters coming soon aswell in both 1/72 and 1/144.

time has been limited lately due to more pressing matters. i had a few job interviews this week, just got back from one in Brugges that went prtetty well.
tomorrow morning i have another interview. after that, me and the missus are going to the seaside for a day.

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

I like the sound of the EF-16 Nils ! Always good see hear that the Sea Kings are still progressing.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Sorry for not keeping up on this thread.
Belated congratulations!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Better get these projects done before the wedding and honeymoon!
Won't be long before there is a little Nils and Nilsette running around. Better teach them how to build models!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

Blog Entry #170b

good news and bad news.

Bad News: our trip to the seaside was cancelled due to me having the flu, but im starting to get better now  ;)

Good News: got a call yesterday, i got a new job, i start on Tuesday as a driller at BEP Europe  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

That's better than good news Nils ! Congrats ! But what kind of a driller ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Great new Nils, well done.  :thumbsup:

I guess that's a slightly larger drill than a few millimetres though?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 26, 2016, 08:39:39 AM
That's better than good news Nils ! Congrats ! But what kind of a driller ?

thanks, its to drill holes in attachment plates for car testbeds (like the ones they have at a car inspection or the DMV).
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Sweet. Hopefully it goes well and becomes long term. Just don't let theis 'work' thing get in the way of your Sea King builds ! lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Let's see. Engagement, new job and an awesome build in progress! You are busier than a bed bug in a mattress factory!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on February 26, 2016, 06:55:35 PM
Let's see. Engagement, new job and an awesome build in progress! You are busier than a bed bug in a mattress factory!

;D ;D Yup. Lets hope it's all coming together for you Nils, well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.