1:72 Revell Horton Go-229 (USAAC)

Started by kevincallahan, October 26, 2012, 07:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincallahan

The third and final of the October whifs to cross the finish line. But it was actually the one that got me started on my small whif diversion. I made some seriously ham-fisted mistakes in the undercarriage area and was on the verge of canning the model when I decided to finish it in some non-historical markings.

So this model assumes that the Americans found an intact Go-229 ready to test, instead of pieces in a warehouse (which are now at Udvar-Hazy IIRC). It was painted in USAAC Olive Drab and Neutral Grey, and given a "Watson's Whizzers" nose badge.

The one odd thing came when I painted the panels aft of the jet exhausts in a burnt metal. For some reason, probably the OD paint surrounding, the paint looks gold rather than anything else. Just a quirk of the light I guess.

This is completed model #412 (#37 for the year), completed in October of 2012. More details on the 72 Land blog.

Visit the 72 Land blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/

Cobra

Sweet Model :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:This looks Too Cool! have You come up with a Backstory Yet? Dan

RussC

shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  :thumbsup:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

NARSES2

Neat. I built the old PM kit as a USMC aircraft in Korea
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.