B

Aarcesair P-51.

Started by Briar, October 29, 2012, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

Google won't show the chariot unless it has access to my mind. The Aarcesair Air Corp. is a company I made up for all my X-planes and all the planes in Saestria. here is the Aarcesair XF-43 Chariot, btw:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

The XF-43 Chariot inspired Lightnings already... See at the end of http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit

Briar

Lookin' good!!! The Chariot has two non-jettisonable rocket pods (were there are the black pods on the front of the pylons), and two gatling guns, also on the pylon. A special trait is it's engine. It is a contra-roating, turboprop pusher. If you took off one of the props, it would look like a ring with seven props coming off of that, and the exhaust would go through the middle. I'll have to draw it up some time, but there are two of these rings, and one is longer that the other. the long one is actually the out one, which extends all the way to the front. the inner sleeve only goes about half way up the outer sleeve. The outer sleeve holds the compressor blades and the combustion chamber, and the inner sleeve holds the drive turbine, and the afterburner. the two sleeves spin opposite directions, and the inner and outer sleeves extend out the back, but the out stops short, allowing props to be on the inner. So there it is, I call it the Ring Engine. With that all combined, it is prob. my masterpiece of all the planes I've drawn. I'll post them anyway, later. :D

Tophe

Interesting.
What is the principle of rockets without exhaust? (on the Chariot)

Briar

Uhh, i  don't understand that question. It has two non-jettisonable rocket pods, like a Mig or an attack helicopter, like these:http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/858340/102856796/stock-photo-rocket-pods-on-mi-hind-attack-helicopter-102856796.jpg, but built into it. One shot with a rocket can easily take out a bomber or enemy, so that means a lot of kills if you don't get killed. Then, it also has the missiles AND the gatling gun, and it can just hit super sonic speeds when at full power, with afterburner and at high altitude, even though it's a prop plane.

Tophe

OK: you meant rocket-missiles while I heard rocket-engines (Me-163 like)... Sorry.
Still: how to fire these rockets without burning the booms? :unsure:

Briar

No, it's alright. I almost confused myself when reading it over, so I understand how it could be difficult to understand.
The rockets are held in a hexagonal pattern of tubes to hold the rockets, and behind that there is a heat-resistant ceramic plate. Their is also a space between the plate and the actual rockets, were the exhaust can exit to the outside.

Tophe