Main Menu

Cartel SPAAG

Started by chrisonord, October 30, 2012, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is the first build I have been able to get done for a while as I still don't have my modelling space back :banghead: The dinning room table has had to suffice, and not being able to use my airbrush has not given me the results I would have liked. Anyhow, the cartel has yet another museum piece kicked back into service, suitably modified  and pressed into service as an airfield defense vehicle. There are several of these conversions in service with the cartel and 2 of them usually accompany an armoured brigade sent to capture and secure an air base or runway either in Nicaragua or over the border into Honduras. The build consists of a moldova 1/72nd scale T-34, and an ACE ZU-23-2 AAA system, bolted onto where the turret once was.
Chris

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

cataphractarius

What an excellent idea - and well executed!  :thumbsup:

The most dangerous thing in the combat zone is an officer with a map.

buzzbomb

.. .and why not ?

Stuff stuck on T-34 Chassis is always good.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

The North Vietnamese did something similar:

Theirs was a little more sophisticated and had twin 37mm guns though.  Yours looks like something similar to the Lebanese did with M113s.  Damn, can't find a photo on the web.  :wacko:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments guys  :cheers: I like the look of that thing Rickshaw, and in the pipeline I have something similar planned using a pair of 37 mm guns and a T-55 or JS-3 chassis. I have a 1/72nd scale Gepard which I want to replicate the turret on and put the 37 mm guns on it either side. Putting the guns like the ones on the NVA T-34, would be easier and just make a bath tub for the crew to sit in. Hmm? you got me thinking now.
Cheers
Chris.

Army of One

Some spanking work there Chris....love it...!! Any plans for missile armed ones....??? Maybe a twin stinger/shoulder mounted SAM mount on a jeep....?? I seen a setup that has a seat with some sort of optical sight and a launch tube on either side....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

Cheers H, I have done 2 missile armed whiffs already and built a tunguska too for my cartel builds. One build was a T-62 chassis with a 3 missile launcher, on this I put 3 modified soviet AAM's.Another I did was a reworked SU 122 tank destroyer, one of the Italeri quick builds, also with the same sort of missiles on top. This build was accompanied by the other vehicle made into a radar vehicle. They are on here somewhere. My next build as a SPAAG for the cartel will involve a T54 chassis and 2 37 mm guns, I want to build something similar to a Gepard, with a possibility of some SA-13's fitted. Think of it as a DIY Tunguska type vehicle.
Chris     

deathjester

Very nice work mate - can we see those other vehicles you mentioned?  Perhaps set up as an AAA site with all the others?  :thumbsup:

chrisonord

All my other vehicles are boxed up in the loft I am afraid and finding them will be a chore and a half, there are some pictures of them, some won't be great but I will find them just for you :rolleyes: Here is a Honduras army one

US marine corp SPAAG
Honduras SPAAG
Cartel SPAAG and radar truck
Chris.

deathjester

Wow!!  Really liking those - just not sure which one I like best of all.... :bow:

Army of One

More great work there my friend.......i always enjoy looking at your stuff....makes me wanna build more and I think of yours when I sit there n think.....can't be bothered....then I get on with it....many thanks......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

I am starting to like doing these little armour builds now, I need to have a dig round in the loft and get some more of my Russian armour out and get it built. I still want to do the Gepardunov just need to find some more bits for it. this not having all my stuff at hand is no good  :banghead:
Chris.