Anyone interested in an Airfix VC-10?

Started by Hobbes, October 30, 2012, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I noticed that a local shop has them for €5. IDK how many there are left, I could pick them up for delivery at Telford.

The Wooksta!

Given the current exchange rate that's under 4 quid.  Bargain time!  My instinct would be to buy them anyway and bung them in the kit swap at about £7 each.  Handy little profit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

YES PLEASE!

Two or three of them would be wonderful please Harro!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I would be interested in one only I wont be at Telford  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Hobbes

Just been to the shop, picked up a bunch at €6,50 each. The €5 was an ESM show special.

they have more: http://www.modelwereld.eu/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=vc-10&x=0&y=0 (price is incl domestic P&P)
Be aware that this shop tends to stuff smaller kits into an envelope rather than sending a box.

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 30, 2012, 09:47:24 AM
YES PLEASE!

Two or three of them would be wonderful please Harro!  ;D

Does this  mean we might (in  the  fullness  of  time)  see  a  long winged   POFFLER ortwo?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 31, 2012, 09:27:08 AM
Does this  mean we might (in  the  fullness  of  time)  see  a  long winged   POFFLER ortwo?

You may think that, I couldn't POSSIBLY comment.......  ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Aircav

If you have two spare Harro I'll get them off you at Telford.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

I wouldn't mind a couple Harro, but I'll probably have to discuss shipping etc as I'm medically restricted from driving/travelling long distances until the end of the month. PM me to let me know if that's ok with you.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Scooterman

The Wooksta!

At this rate, I think he'll be restocking!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Hobbes

I've got 10 and can get more.

Kit - 3
Gondor - 1
Aircav - 2
Lance - 2
Army of One - 1

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The Customs guys will never believe it if they X-ray your baggage Harro...............  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

Army of One

I would love one if someone could be persuaded to bring it back 'darn sarfff'.....like NARSES and I can collect of him. I had been looking forward to going this year but A/L declined....just under 4 months in advance.....gutted...!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!