AIRCRAFT BRITAIN SHOULD HAVE HAD

Started by crudebuteffective, October 30, 2012, 10:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Firstly wellcome aboard.

There's some really nice stuff there  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Nice whiffs! How about a navalized Hunter?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

sequoiaranger

crudebuteffective (welcome, newcomer!!)----Going back a little further in time than your late-WW II models--great looking by the way(!)--the British disdained the dive bomber for carrier use, but not in MY whif-world. Here below is a mock-up for my Hawker Henley Mk IV carrier dive bomber (roughly late-1942). (For some reason Photobucket decided to re-organize my photos in NOT chronological order, so I cannot find the finished version). I took the real Henley dimensions and "Tempest-ized" the components (actually "Tornado-ized"--note the double-row exhausts and car door entries). It is now a potent, two-place dive bomber capable of carrying ship-busting ordnance. Britain shoulda-oughta had something like this!!

[edit] Found one!

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

crudebuteffective

Nice henly mate

i did a tornado prototype ( real world "forgive me lord whiff i have sinned") a few years back and i remember getting the exhausts  stacks right was a nightmare

when i get chance i'll get pictures of our in service martin baker MB5 and  far east spiteful and highball mossie put on
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

sequoiaranger

Heh, Heh!! Just you wait!

>Nice henly mate<

Thanks. I would love to see your "Tornado" (assuming its the prop job of the early 40's, not the more modern jet--I have an aversion to anything made in the last 60 years!  :wacko: )

OK, here is my version of a "Highball Mossie", the Americanized "Fairchild Flounder" at "Britmodeller" (though I am not a Brit):

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80074#entry880233

Then, there is the "scale-error" Gloster Goatsucker four-engined bomber with an "upkeep"-type weapon underneath. A Canadian mating of Lancaster wings to an inadvertantly-oversized Mossie fuselage (error of scale in the production plans, yeah right!):

crudebuteffective

here is the promised pickies of the highball mossie

made ten years ago to represent  a 618 sqn aircraft  and i include the spiteful aircraft made later

and for sequoiaranger pictures of my hawker tornado

sequoiaranger

Nice ones CbE! I like the "greening-out" of the top roundel of the Spiteful. Well-noted is the Paragon (assumption) set of Highballs on the Mossie. I have NEVER seen a Tornado built up!! Good on ya THERE!

Craig

NARSES2

Nice Mossie CBE  :thumbsup:

Like the Tornado as well. Got one out to start but I'll be doing mine in operational markings
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

crudebuteffective

the tornado is from my "prototypes" phase

we are pretty big on RAF 56 squadron around here so here's  the avro arrow F1

crudebuteffective

Rheged

There's  some  very  interesting material  here!  This is a thread   I   shall be visiting  regularly.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Nice collection ! I really dig the turbo firefly and the Auckland.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

crudebuteffective

HI RICKSHAW

The navalised hunters are great

McColm