AIRCRAFT BRITAIN SHOULD HAVE HAD

Started by crudebuteffective, October 30, 2012, 10:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crudebuteffective

no collection of british whatifs is complete without an excalibur or four

THE B1 WITH ITS BLUE WATER MISSILES

THE B3 BLACK BUCK ONE DURING ITS NOW LEGENDARY ATTACK ON COMMODORO RIVADAVIA

DUE TO CUTBACKS IN THE 60S MANY EXCALIBURS WERE NOT FITTED WITH REFUELING PROBES AND HAD TO BE FITTED IN EMERGENCY IN 1982

THE GR4 IN OP GRANBY

AND THE FINAL VERSION IN RAF SERVICE THE R5 USED FOR THE HIGH SPEED SAM DODGING RECCY OVER SERBIA AND BOSNIA

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Wow great models.
I always thought we should of had the North American RA-5B in service and bought the Rockwell B-1A when Carter scrapped them. Then there is the F-117C a replacement for the Tonka GR4 and not forgetting the Lockheed C-141 Starlifter. This should have been called the KC-141. The Grippen could have replaced some of the Hawks.

albeback

:thumbsup:

This would make great continuing thread.Very nice collection. The Avro Arrow looks particularly sexy!! <_<.
If I may, I'd like to offer another aircraft that Britain should have had and, which I think might  go well with a collection of TSR 2s;
The Handley Page Victor B 4

Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

DarrenP

rickshaw

You know, I'm always somewhat amused when they put roundels on ballistic missiles.  As if anybody was going to have time to consult their Air-Observers Guide when it was in flight...

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

Roundels on missiles is a manifestation of the attitude of armed forces everywhere.  If it moves, salute it, if it stands still, paint it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

IIRC the USAF actually put 'United States Air Force' on their early Atlas and Titan missiles. Perhaps that was so they could be checked in flight as they sailed past the USAF satellites already up there?  ;D

Actually I always thought the RAF roundels on the Thors looked rather good, but I wasn't too sure about the tiny ones on display Firestreaks on 74 Sqdn's Lightning F1s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Like the TSR.2 family. :thumbsup:  How did you go about the single piece canopies?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on November 26, 2012, 03:12:36 AM
Like the TSR.2 family. :thumbsup:  How did you go about the single piece canopies?

Maybe just rub the originals down so you can't see the side window frames?

It looks LOADS better like that, doesn't it? I think I'll try that on some of mine, the current count is SEVEN and I have yet to complete even one.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Which makes my three, none completed seem quite normal ;D
And I must admit I was planning on the see through canopy look,
It just looks better that way :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Devilfish

I have 5 1/48 ones to build in various guises, some a lot more involved than others

McColm

Just got the one 1/72 Airfix kit. I've used the wings on another build, but I have an idea to build it with swing wings from a Su-24.

Gondor

[quote author=PR19_Kit link=topic=36011.msg580003#msg580003 date=1353943671

It looks LOADS better like that, doesn't it? I think I'll try that on some of mine, the current count is SEVEN and I have yet to complete even one.  :banghead:

[/quote]

Thats exactly the number I have in 1/72 split between orijonal boxings and Stratos4 boxings. Then there is a 1/48 kit as well....

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TallEng

Oh yes the 1/48th one :o I've got one of those as well,
It's the one I took a saw to in a fit of madness :drink:
You see I'd been following General Melchett's rather
Splendid build and thought I'd do the same ;D ;D
(It's still shivering in its box even now)

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks