AIRCRAFT BRITAIN SHOULD HAVE HAD

Started by crudebuteffective, October 30, 2012, 10:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Been thinking of doing something like that to a Spitfire or Hurricane, great build. :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

The landing gear is a bit far back...? But otherwise a nice idea and execution. Those "in between" types have a certain charm  :thumbsup:

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 11, 2013, 03:09:15 AM
The landing gear is a bit far back...?

you will find that the landing gear is in the right place BUT the plane is too far forward LOL

yes the landing gear was fitted before i finalised the spinner and the nose
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: crudebuteffective on April 11, 2013, 04:30:05 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 11, 2013, 03:09:15 AM
The landing gear is a bit far back...?

you will find that the landing gear is in the right place BUT the plane is too far forward LOL

yes the landing gear was fitted before i finalised the spinner and the nose

I see... I had a similar case some time ago with a Wyvern-style kitbashing. All looked fine, but once the contraprop nose was finally fitted, thing looked a bit awkward... Sh!t happens - but it's still a nice design.  :thumbsup:

McColm

I think Britain should of had the Lockheed S-3B Viking in service with the Royal Navy. I know that the US Navy used them for ASW, COD, tanker and ELINT, but an AEW or V.I.P. transport version should have been built. (Yes I know another Whiff add to my list of builds using an Airfix 1/72 Viking  :banghead:.)

pyro-manic

Quote from: McColm on April 12, 2013, 06:42:08 AM
I think Britain should of had the Lockheed S-3B Viking in service with the Royal Navy. I know that the US Navy used them for ASW, COD, tanker and ELINT, but an AEW or V.I.P. transport version should have been built. (Yes I know another Whiff add to my list of builds using an Airfix 1/72 Viking  :banghead:.)

The Viking only entered service with the USN in about 1974-5, so even if the RN got them straight away (unlikely) they'd only be operational for a couple of years before the Ark Royal was retired. They wouldn't work on the Invincibles. Drag the Ark on into the 80s, possibly, or put them on the CVA-01s.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

crudebuteffective

Had a weekend project this weekend picked up a cheap airfix F111

General Dynamics F111K Merlin GR1 as delivered in 1972

The RAF brought F111s to supplement its BAC Excalibur fleet

BAC Excalibur B1 617 Squadron 1968

PR19_Kit

Blue Waters under the Excalibur's wings? Where did they come from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

crudebuteffective

Kit

From freightdog comes with a belly tank aswell

Regards CBE

PR19_Kit

Quote from: crudebuteffective on April 14, 2013, 11:28:13 AM
Kit

From freightdog comes with a belly tank aswell

Regards CBE

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks very much.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

crudebuteffective

The hawker tornado had limited production due to the decision to concentrate on the sabre engine typhoon and those planes that were built were all used for squadrons based in the UK with typhoon squadrons being used for the Normandy landings and European campaigns.

In March 1945 reports came from Europe and the Norwegian resistance that the Germans were moving troops from Norway to shore up the German defences, with operation plunder (the rhine crossings) due the allies were concerned about the effect any reinforcements would have.

Operation toll gate was the attempt to disrupt this with a small scale landing in Norway to prevent the movement of troops south.

The initial landings were supported by fleet air arm planes from RN carriers but when the area south of Stavanger was secured the three tornado squadrons (two RAF and one RCAF) of 181 wing reinforced by one squadron of Hawker Cyclones from the RN were operated from captured airfields and remained there until the end of hostilities.

In the real world the only one centaurus tornado was built following the cancelation of the Rolls Royce vulture engine I thought it would be good to put it into service.

HAWKER TORNADO IIB OPERATION TOLL GATE NORWAY MARCH 1945

NARSES2

Now that I like, plus the scenario is an interesting one as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

James

Looks like it packs a right punch as well.

crudebuteffective

here was a quick project i did over the last week just an interseting airframe change

Supermarine Spiteful 607 AUX Squadron