Messerschmitt Me 163 S, Academy 1/72

Started by MichelC, November 01, 2012, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

The way the tires are weighted looks so real that in the pictures where you show the tail wheel assembly added to the airframe I was expecting the tire to be perfectly round!  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

That is just fantastic Michel, amazing work! :bow:

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 15, 2013, 10:36:18 AM
The way the tires are weighted looks so real that in the pictures where you show the tail wheel assembly added to the airframe I was expecting the tire to be perfectly round!  :thumbsup:

Michel couldn't find a working 1/72 scale compressor so the tyre is ALWAYS flat............  ;) ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Personally, I ran-out of superlatives weeks back. Fantastic modelling, photography etc, etc, etc... Just like everybody else has said. And, Michel, like everybody else, I'm looking forward to your next project.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Father Ennis

I have to agree with Ian. I'm out of achlades for this fine build,too.  I think you have set new standards of excellence for us all to strive for......

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sticky Fingers

Congrats on a big result with a small kit! I don't know if you plan to enter any, but if I've ever seen a sure-fire contest winner it's this one. And one of the best topics I've ever read, too.  :bow:

Right. I'm going to put all my modelling stuff in a box for an undetermined time and start stamp collecting or something. :-\

dumaniac

Very nice masking job and super build - you are an inspiration

philp

I do need to know if you are planning on entering this in any upcoming Nationals?

Just so I can pick a different category to work on.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Quote from: philp on July 15, 2013, 05:53:05 PM

That'd be the Decorative Knitting category, would it Phillip?  ;D

I feel the need to build something BIG after Michel's masterclass in mini-modelling, like a B-36 maybe?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Wonderful work on a tiny wee thing!  I just wouldn't have the staying power, great stuff! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tc2324

That is quite simply a beautiful thing Michel.  :bow:

Something most of us wish to aspire to.  :wub:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

philp

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
Quote from: philp on July 15, 2013, 05:53:05 PM

That'd be the Decorative Knitting category, would it Phillip?  ;D

I feel the need to build something BIG after Michel's masterclass in mini-modelling, like a B-36 maybe?

That won't help Kit, you chaps in England have been practicing that craft since I joined on this site.  ;D

Oh, a B-36 with stretched wings.  Start the thread now.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

MichelC

Thank you all for the nice words! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

There is a little bit of your elan vital in this build, you know! Because truth be told, it's been a little hard to stay with the project to the end, especially during the last stages of the build, and your enthusiasm really motivated me. So thank you all again, not only for your words of appreciation, but for keeping me focused to the end. A bit of a teamwork, this, in a way!  :thumbsup:

I think I mentioned the dio I have in mind for the Komet. However, I won't go into it right away as I feel the need to do something else for a (short) while. Something different. I might even have to post in one of the other sub-forums for that one!

Thanks again for watching this build, for you feedback and for keeping the whiff alive! :cheers:

M

buzzbomb

late to the show.. but what a nice build

Echo all the above :thumbsup: :thumbsup: