Messerschmitt Me 163 S, Academy 1/72

Started by MichelC, November 01, 2012, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: MichelC on January 07, 2013, 08:57:17 AMThis is how I do it, guys: I use my ten-year old nephew's hands to build the model and my bodybuilder friend's fingers for the pics.

Ain't that clever?

Just don't tell anyone, OK?

Nahhh, don't believe you. Still going with my 'nano-bot' theory !! - Wonderful skills as ever, Michel.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

MichelC

Thanks Ian and thank you all for your comms.   :cheers:

I want to finish with the wings this week and have the thing assembled by the end of the week. Then we'll have some fun with paint!

Michel

loupgarou

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on January 07, 2013, 12:37:35 PM
Quote from: MichelC on January 07, 2013, 08:57:17 AMThis is how I do it, guys: I use my ten-year old nephew's hands to build the model and my bodybuilder friend's fingers for the pics.

Ain't that clever?

Nahhh, don't believe you. Still going with my 'nano-bot' theory !! - Wonderful skills as ever, Michel.

Ian

In reality, the Me 163 is in 1/9, a never-issued kit for GI Joe, and his friend King Kong lends him a hand for the photos. ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

MichelC

Quote from: loupgarou on January 08, 2013, 09:43:26 AM
Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on January 07, 2013, 12:37:35 PM

Ain't that clever?

Ian

In reality, the Me 163 is in 1/9, a never-issued kit for GI Joe, and his friend King Kong lends him a hand for the photos. ;D

Yeah, don't know about that...

But your signature line is real funny! ;D

Michel

MichelC

Quote from: MichelC on January 08, 2013, 02:41:07 AM
I want to finish with the wings this week and have the thing assembled by the end of the week. Then we'll have some fun with paint!

Michel

Did I really say this?

;D ;D

MichelC

Latest news from the Eastern front.

After the fuse, the wings. Same story.

Some re-scribing and other corrections like: drilling of the hole that will receive the IFF antenna and saying sayonara to the oversized base of the pitot.

The span-wise line that didn't exist on the real plane was plugged with a piece of stretched sprue.

Then the hard work started with the landing flaps. First the dilemma: Eduard or Part? Actually, a no-brainer.

The pic shows the inside of the bay, Part on top, Eduard at the bottom. Eduard got the shape and position of the holes wrong and the angles of the flap as well.

On the other hand, as far as the flaps themselves are concerned, with its exquisite detail Eduard wins.

All in all it's nice to have two PE sets to choose from!

And now the toughest part: chisel the bay to make room for the PE.

It's done but the edges are a mess.

No biggie, glue some stretched sprue and cut out a nice, straight edge. A little sanding and that's it!

I added structural ribs to the slats with bits of stretched sprue (really handy stuff, that). Getting the slats aligned was a bit of a pain in the neck.

Seams were eliminated entirely as the slats were integral to the wing with no visible joints.

Next up, cutting out of the trim flaps and elevons.

Linkage and control rods were scratched with bit of Evergreen and wire.

This is where things are at right now. I'll be traveling around over the next couple months (a man's gotta work, ya know) and I don't know how much time I'll be able to put into modeling so you might get even less frequent updates but I'll do my best...

Michel

PR19_Kit

Don't worry, our minds will be BOGGLING over your work for months anyway!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

I'm agreeing with Ian...nanobots for construction
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

FAR148

Insane Work :wub: And it's 1/72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing, Truly Amazing!
Steven L  :bow:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Nano-bots.... I'm tellin' ya..... you all think I'm mad.... but you'll see  :o

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Holy ! You're really going all out eh ? great work so far.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

No more talk of nano-bots, I've done enough of that gag. Michel this is truly fantastic work. Do you have any links to any previous builds or perhaps you could start a thread of some past projects ??

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

flappydaffy

you are nuts!!!! but we can learn so much from you  ;D ;D ;D and we do  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep up the good work mister michel

bearmatt

Oh boy...this is just insane. And yes, in 1/72 scale  :blink: :bow: :party:
The carpet monster took it!