Messerschmitt Me 163 S, Academy 1/72

Started by MichelC, November 01, 2012, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

absolutely superb - my eyes are bleeding

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on June 25, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
That cotton swab tip really puts it into scale...

If I didn't know different I'd have sworn MichelC had made a 3 x full size cotton swab just to keep us fooled.   ;D

But that model is TINY!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sticky Fingers

I don't want this build to end, ever! ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MichelC

Thank you guys!  :cheers: :cheers:

Sticky Fingers, sorry but I do have other ideas.  ;D ;D It's home stretch now and I really do wanna get this model finished. I have a small dio in mind for it. It'll include a tractor that's shy, a Major whose Knight's Cross is just one too many to bear and a dog too smart for its own good.  ;) Then I wanna build a few other things, including some MaK stuff. But that'll be after some more Luft 46...

M

MichelC

Hello everybody,

Fiddly bits time again, starting with the Quickboost gunsight, which is very good quality btw.

It lacks an anti-crash pad, though. Quickly remedied with a piece of stretched sprue.

The Revi gunsight had two glasses, one of them made of dark glass. A bit of photo film is just the thing (if you can still find some LOL).

For the metallic look I used graphite powder from a lead pencil applied with a brush.

Cheers!

M

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Is that a cocktail stick that the gun sight is impaled on????  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Even SMALLER!  :o

Remember to calibrate the gun sight in Metric units and not in Imperial........  ;)

Regards
Kit

MichelC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2013, 10:44:24 AM

Remember to calibrate the gun sight in Metric units and not in Imperial........  ;)
That won't be necessary. This is a trainer and the sight isn't operational, being there for familiarization purposes only.  ;D ;D

M

scooter

Quote from: MichelC on July 03, 2013, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2013, 10:44:24 AM

That won't be necessary. This is a trainer and the sight isn't operational, being there for familiarization purposes only.  ;D ;D

M

At least he's not headed to Mars, then.  :cheers:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madoc

Scooter,

Quote from: scooter on July 03, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

At least he's not headed to Mars, then.

You know, there's some guys at JPL cursing you now...
Wherever you go, there you are!

scooter

Quote from: Madoc on July 03, 2013, 01:52:02 PM
Scooter,

Quote from: scooter on July 03, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

At least he's not headed to Mars, then.

You know, there's some guys at JPL cursing you now...

Wouldn't be the first time someone from NASA/JPL took my name in vane
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

philp

This is just crazy.

Also, was going to send this thread to someone to look at and see most of the pics are gone again.  Just the ones of the site and the last thread on the previous page show up for me.
The rest have that annoying Looks who is Popular tag.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies