Main Menu

Spitfire Ale

Started by Nick, November 01, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I've been given 3 bottles of Spitfire Ale as a present, which was nice. Trouble is I don't like the stuff!

If someone wants to give me £5 for the three, I'll hand them over at Telford.

NARSES2

Is this Shepeard and Neame (Sh**e and scream) or the one  by that brewery in the Cotswolds ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

It's not just me then???  I like ale, just not Spitfire.  People look at me like I've got three heads when I say I don't like it, it's about the only one I won't touch.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

The S&N one gives me the Abbysinian Ab-Dabs  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

So it's not just me who can't stand the Shepherd Neame stuff then?  :-\

I'll bring it to Telford in case someone does want it. Might ask my local off-licence if they'll exchange it without a receipt.... not likely though.

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2012, 02:49:32 AM
So it's not just me who can't stand the Shepherd Neame stuff then? 

It's not  that  revolting. Last  bottle   I was given  went into  a  mighty  vat  of chilli as"cooking  beer".  At least it tastes   much better than the contents of  a half bottle  of Thai Mekong "Whisky"  an  acquaintance brought  back   for me.  I  still  have some  if Kit needs   an  unobtainium billet etched.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Howard of Effingham

i don't care for S&N's spitfire much and care for it even less when me local sainsbury's has it at £1 a bottle.

rheged's comments about etching unobtainium billets with thai whiskey have me in stitches!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 03, 2012, 03:06:33 AM
.......than the contents of  a half bottle  of Thai Mekong "Whisky"  an  acquaintance brought  back   for me.  I  still  have some  if Kit needs   an  unobtainium billet etched.

Actually we use that stuff in our Custom Order Section to make the special shape billets that some customers need.

I didn't know it was in general circulation. Our biggest problem is finding containers to store it in, most metals last an hour or two, even normal glass goes all soft and wobbly so we're currently experimenting with quartz based ceramics, which seem to show some promise.

I wonder how they make the stuff in the first place............. :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Mekon whiskey? Surely you need specially tempered Treen glass from the volcanos of Venus? Of course, you'll need Digby and Dan to get it for you....

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2012, 09:24:00 AM
Mekon whiskey? Surely you need specially tempered Treen glass from the volcanos of Venus? Of course, you'll need Digby and Dan to get it for you....

MEKON  whiskey!!!!!    Now  that  could  explain a great  deal.........   and   it  might  fuel a rocket at  that!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet