Telford Morning

Started by Weaver, November 11, 2012, 04:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Having noticed a certain similarity between individual's accounts of Telford weekend from year-to-year, it occurred to me that a number a people are probably having similar "Telford mornings" today, and then, well, you know how you just can't get a song out of your head....... :wacko:

Telford Morning

To the tune of Chelsea Morning by Joni Mitchell (to whom the most profound apologies....)

Woke up, it was a Telford morning, and the first thing that I heard                      
Was a horn outside my window, and my mouth speaking the words                      
They came a-rolling out with practised pitch, like a politician's promise            
Oh, no my dear                                                                                                    
Won't buy much this year                                                                                          
Don't need any more kits, honest                                                                            

Woke up, it was a Telford morning, and the first thing that I knew                            
Was the hammering hangover, from the evening's evil brew                                  
But the breakfast bar was calling me, and the kitswap tables beckoned                
Oh, won't you stay                                                                                                      
There's just one more day                                                                                          
Better not to waste a second                                                                              

Now the show is nearly over, and there's still so much to see                                        
And the stalls are stacked with exhibits                                                          
And model kits                                                                                                        
And resin bits                                                                                                          
Siren-calling out to me..........                                                                                        

Woke up, it was a Telford morning, and the first thing that I saw                    
Was a pile of kits and bits too tall to get through the hotel door                      
And the misty Midlands morning rain brought me sharply to my senses        
Oh, there's no way                                                                                          
That I'll live out today                                                                                      
Without much better defences                                                                        

When the missus sees them and I mumble that they're mine                          
There'll be nothing left to do but pray                                                            
They're not stashed away                                                                                
But not on display                                                                                            
Where the sunlight doesn't shine                                                                    

Note to self for reference                                                                                
Only buy submarine kits next time...........                                                                

(If you're one of the three people on the face of the planet who don't know the original, then knock yourself out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXe95iTtci0 )
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Cracking job there Weaver Sir!  :thumbsup:

While packing the Zaf up this morning (in the ever increasing drizzle  :banghead:) we found we had one wheel-chair wheel that didn't seem to fit anywhere. After numerous permutations of loading, including the way we brought the whole lot up there in the first place, we decided that the newly bought models WEREN'T going to be left behind so the wheel travelled on top of the luggage compartment blind all the way home!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Cheers Folks!  :thumbsup:

It's not often that inspiration strikes - just as well really......... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones