Royal Mail Warning, please read

Started by Aircav, November 14, 2012, 02:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2012, 07:27:38 AM
Quote from: albeback on November 19, 2012, 09:50:39 AM
Wish I WAS retired though!! ;D.
I could REALLY make inroads into my stash!!
Allan

Thats what I thought as well - the actual impact was/only about a 30% increase. So many other things to do  :thumbsup:

Albeback, do not kid yourself. I seem to be less able to find time for modelling now I am retired, AND, I want to go back to work for a rest.
Mind you, heres a thought, Chris/Narses2 is divorced, I am not.  :blink:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Allan

As Chris and Jim have discovered, the falacy of having limitless time on your hands when you're retired is only too true. I retired 5 years ago and it's been a madhouse ever since, notwithstanding getting pneumonia three months ago! Once you've retired everyone else in your family, near or far, assumes you'll be able to 'drop over' and help them out with any task they think needs your help at a moment's notice. This despite the fact that they may live 150 miles away.......

In addition, all the little things that you had to put off while you were working now assume a much greater importance, whether you like it or not, and just have to be done right NOW. Of course when there are more than one of them, and believe me there are, it's impossible to do EVERYthing right now.

And you want more time for modelling? NO chance!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

albeback

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 20, 2012, 07:40:26 AM
Allan

As Chris and Jim have discovered, the falacy of having limitless time on your hands when you're retired is only too true. I retired 5 years ago and it's been a madhouse ever since, notwithstanding getting pneumonia three months ago! Once you've retired everyone else in your family, near or far, assumes you'll be able to 'drop over' and help them out with any task they think needs your help at a moment's notice. This despite the fact that they may live 150 miles away.......

In addition, all the little things that you had to put off while you were working now assume a much greater importance, whether you like it or not, and just have to be done right NOW. Of course when there are more than one of them, and believe me there are, it's impossible to do EVERYthing right now.

And you want more time for modelling? NO chance!

;D ;D
Ok ! Ok !! I give up!! ;D
Still wish I was retired though!!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

rickshaw

My retirement has been planned for years.  Now that I've jettisoned SWMBO and the kids are growing up, I have plans for PhD once I retire, if/when it happens. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.