B-36J-II 1967

Started by SigfanUSAF, November 16, 2012, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SigfanUSAF

Quote from: Mossie on November 17, 2012, 08:55:22 AM
There are drawings of earlier B-36's with Liberator style tail if you were willing to a little more work that might add a little more to the OD scheme.

I've seen those, that empennage with the 9' single wheel main landing gear would be an AWESOME kitbash!

However, the 6 blister holes have been "plated over"; the nose glass has been glued on and completely sanded smooth, and a massive coat of flat black has adorned the entire underside of this beast.....pics to follow....

Rheged

There is,  of  course,  the totally off the wall  suggestion  of  ETPS colours  and a Bristol 188b   slung underneath.  Can anyone make a wilder offer?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

SigfanUSAF

My wifes hobby is a little different than mine :ph34r:

pyro-manic

Oooh, nice. How about some red stars - Tu-5 Bat? The fuselage looks to be about the size of the one used for baseball. ;D

Actually, it looks pretty good like that, with the wraparound black overspray. Nice night bomber scheme. Some red codes and insignia and you're there!

Those pictures confirm my suspicion that were I to buy one of these and build it, I'd then have to move in.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

Quote from: SigfanUSAF on November 17, 2012, 09:51:38 AM
Quote from: Mossie on November 17, 2012, 08:55:22 AM
There are drawings of earlier B-36's with Liberator style tail if you were willing to a little more work that might add a little more to the OD scheme.

I've seen those, that empennage with the 9' single wheel main landing gear would be an AWESOME kitbash!

However, the 6 blister holes have been "plated over"; the nose glass has been glued on and completely sanded smooth, and a massive coat of flat black has adorned the entire underside of this beast.....pics to follow....

You can buy all sorts of stuff for the B-36 here, the single main u/c wheels & bays, even the tracked u/c;

www.click2detail.com

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

NASA white with early lettering for launch comand / control of project orion?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 17, 2012, 11:50:50 AM
You can buy all sorts of stuff for the B-36 here, the single main u/c wheels & bays, even the tracked u/c;

www.click2detail.com

Amazing stuff they do for The Stick there, but I'd have thought that a gun turret set would be one of the first things to cast in resin.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

SigfanUSAF

The flash really messed with the color, but here we are so far:

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: SigfanUSAF on November 17, 2012, 04:21:01 PM
The flash really messed with the color, but here we are so far:

With a model THAT big perhaps you need two flashguns?  ;D

Looks darn good so far, the black underside really suits it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

SigfanUSAF

Thank you fellas!

First off, let me say I'm not satisfied with either my pattern or choice of colors, A) this is my first camo 4 color A/C and B) I used paint I had on hand. So, it is what it is :banghead:

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike