Hayabusa Next Gen

Started by Jay-Jay, November 19, 2012, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay-Jay

Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm a newbee so if you allow me to introduce myself:
I am a sloooow french modeller; born and raised with Matchbox kits and who after 15 years or so is back to the workbench.
I discovered What if universe four years ago but as told by PR19_Kit on a previous post, late by 17 years...  :lol: :lol:
But must say that I automatically became addict...
So I rely on the Webmasters to correct /redirect me if subject was already proposed/discussed and I apologize if that's the case.

I do not know what will be the results but here are some drafts of what I imagine for a Italeri 1/72 Mig 29
the base is

The aim is JSDF Air force hyper manoeuvrable "Hayabusa" fighter jet
I agree "manga kinda" but with high whatif potential if compared to the latest fighter prototypes this years  :rolleyes:

Hope not to be too ambitious  :blink:  and hope that you like it  ;)
Any comment is welcome as I do not have complete the rear fuselage yet and am still trying to imagine how to arrange the aibrake
Brake ? brake? NO brake !! Full Afterburnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!  :party:

Army of One

Now that looks ver interesting.....!! I love the head on view with the different angles of the flying surfaces.....I say.....'Do it.....do it now....just do it....!'
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

I like it! Have you seen the F-15 Kai from the "Patlabor" universe? It has some similar characteristics:

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Go4fun

Welcome to What-If Jay-Jay. I can't wait to see in-progress pictures of this build. :lol:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

scooter

Quote from: Jay-Jay on November 19, 2012, 12:06:23 PM
Any comment is welcome as I do not have complete the rear fuselage yet and am still trying to imagine how to arrange the aibrake

There's nothing too ambitious here.  Just a lot of head pounding  :banghead:

As for your speedbrake?  Why not use an F-15 style brake?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Jay-Jay

Quote from: pyro-manic on November 19, 2012, 12:38:03 PM
I like it! Have you seen the F-15 Kai from the "Patlabor" universe? It has some similar characteristics:

Thank you to have brought this info to my attention !!!
I am old enough to know Macross but I did not know this one ! Booo !! Shame !!  :lol:
I confess that it will help a lot !!
Thanks again !!

Jay-Jay

Quote from: Go4fun on November 19, 2012, 02:21:15 PM
Welcome to What-If Jay-Jay. I can't wait to see in-progress pictures of this build. :lol:

Thank for your kind word
Will try to keep on going

Jay-Jay

Quote from: scooter on November 19, 2012, 05:43:20 PM
Quote from: Jay-Jay on November 19, 2012, 12:06:23 PM

There's nothing too ambitious here.  Just a lot of head pounding  :banghead:

As for your speedbrake?  Why not use an F-15 style brake?

Thanks
I had to confess that following yours answer, I will try this configuration.
I was trying to choose between a F-15 like Airbrake / F-14 like airbrake and a dual small airbrakes (F-16 like).
It seems reasonable to go for a F-15 like one as my modeller's skills are not that bright  :-\
F-14 like one will not look airworthy and efficient and F-16 kine ones too difficult to me on 1/72....
By the way I bought spare parts to add following Pyro-manic comment: F-22 exhaust nozzles and F-15E cockpit

Pure madness ....  :party:

PR19_Kit

Yeah, but pure madness is quite normal here, don't worry about it............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Jay-Jay: that F-15 (and other designs in Patlabor) were designed by Shoji Kawamori, who did all the aircraft for Macross. :) I'd heartily recommend the Patlabor movies - very good films indeed. Looking forward to seeing your model. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Jay-Jay

Quote from: pyro-manic on November 20, 2012, 03:44:54 AM
Jay-Jay: that F-15 (and other designs in Patlabor) were designed by Shoji Kawamori, who did all the aircraft for Macross. :) I'd heartily recommend the Patlabor movies - very good films indeed. Looking forward to seeing your model. :thumbsup:

I'll do  ;D

BTW I'd like to ask the following:
I find out the subject "upgraded Mig 29" was already discussed while enjoying "surfing" the previous topics   :o (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29969.0.html).
Is it allowed to continue ?   :-X
Silly question but the thing is that previous experience with some (not all) french modellers did not end well as they were very sensitive and prone to put a "copyrights/trademark" on their models... :-\
Silly and very frustrating....
Should anyone like the given discussed topic draft I have no objection (all the opposite indeed !!) to share it and to encourage anyone to try the proposed idea.
Ideas are for all and not "copyrighted", at least the ones I am happy to share here with you  :lol:
Thanks for the clarifcation

sequoiaranger

Gotta admit I don't care for jets much, but welcome to the What-if wilderness, and I *LIKE* your spirit!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Rheged

Welcome  to another   fellow  citizen of  Whiffworld
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Go4fun

"Any comment is welcome as I do not have complete the rear fuselage yet and am still trying to imagine how to arrange the aibrake
Brake ? brake? NO brake !! Full Afterburnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! "

With the looks of the top surfaces maybe you should think airbrakes:rolleyes: One smaller one to either side would not only work to whoa you but also might help in sharp turns at high speeds.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Jay-Jay

Quote from: sequoiaranger on November 20, 2012, 10:45:29 AM
Gotta admit I don't care for jets much, but welcome to the What-if wilderness, and I *LIKE* your spirit!!

Quote from: Rheged on November 20, 2012, 12:32:15 PM
Welcome  to another   fellow  citizen of  Whiffworld

Thank you for your welcome  ;)