New additions to The Honduras armoured corps.

Started by chrisonord, November 21, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

The Honduras army has over the years been acquiring its vehicles from Germany, with the odd exception from other NATO countries. The newest batch of vehicles to be delivered is of 12 vehicles in total, and 3 different types. All vehicles have been refurbished and had zero hour power plants fitted where needed. All electronics have been augmented to work with other vehicles within the armoured corps and be data linked. These vehicles will form a new armoured brigade and will consist of 4 vehicle units, the vehicles per unit are to be one Marder 1 for troop transport, one Leopard 2 A4 for anti armour offense and defense, one Gepard SPAAG for air defence  and one Panzerhaubitze 2000 self propelled gun. The PZH 2000 being the hub of the unit and the other vehicles as part of a high mobility defense for the it. The vehicles were chosen for their rapid mobility and this would make them perfect for shoot and scoot operations against cartel positions scattered along the borders and into enemy held territory.

Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

My but the plants grow big down in South America!  :o ;D I like this small unit idea and your choice in armor.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Army of One

What a great collection you got there....!!! Cracking builds mate....cracking....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated  :thumbsup: I have since found another Gepard to repaint and bought another Panard scout car (the Ace one) to go with my armour, as I have built a couple of the Panards before and they were not too bad to build. They will however be a while of being built as I am slowly progressing through an Amodel Yak-28 im. That thing has been an absolute pain to build I tell you.
Chris. 

Weaver

Those are great Chris: I like the cammo in particular!  :thumbsup:

Ace also do (or did) the Panhard M3 APC which is based on the same platform as the AML series armoured cars, so you can have have a "matching" set of wheeled armour.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on December 05, 2012, 04:23:33 AM
Those are great Chris: I like the cammo in particular!  :thumbsup:

Ace also do (or did) the Panhard M3 APC which is based on the same platform as the AML series armoured cars, so you can have have a "matching" set of wheeled armour.
I will have a look for one of those H, as it would make an ideal addition to the other ones I have done.
Chris

chrisonord

I am just finishing off two more new vehicles for the Honduras army, two more anti aircraft vehicles, one being another Gepard, and the other an AMX-30R. I have my work station back in operation now, and intend on doing more armour for both the cartel and the Honduras army.
Chris.

chrisonord

Here is some more Honduras army vehicles in base coat, the Saracen and Saladin are going to stay green and the rest will be in the new camouflage currently being evaluated by the army.

Chris

NARSES2

They all look quite brutish in primer - nice builds
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

thanks for the Compliments Chris, I have been diversifying my armour builds for Honduras, by including some more specialized vehicles. I am pondering doing another scratch build vehicle, but with wheels next, could be for this group of builds could be SHADO.
Cheers
Chris

deathjester

Quote from: chrisonord on December 22, 2012, 08:24:38 AM
thanks for the Compliments Chris, I have been diversifying my armour builds for Honduras, by including some more specialized vehicles. I am pondering doing another scratch build vehicle, but with wheels next, could be for this group of builds could be SHADO.
Cheers
Chris
(In faint, floaty voice) '...Use the decals, Luke...umm, Chris...'

royabulgaf

I just envision some Honduran Army mechanic walking through the military junkyards of the world with a cutting torch and a gleam in his eyes.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

rickshaw

I recognise the others but what is the ARV?

What weapon does the Saladin now carry with that much increased barrel length?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: royabulgaf on December 22, 2012, 03:17:41 PM
I just envision some Honduran Army mechanic walking through the military junkyards of the world with a cutting torch and a gleam in his eyes.

;D ;D