Main Menu

My Projects

Started by Model Mutt, November 21, 2012, 03:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model Mutt

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me as project d who built the BAe pegasus diorama. I´ve had to make a new account as i couldn´t remember my old details. I´ve made some progress with my projects and the diorama.

The dioramas changed size and is now half its original size and has a similar layout to the viewing area at conningsby. Heres a few pics to start with more to come.

Thanks for looking

Model Mutt

Just a quick photo update of where i´m at with my projects,let me know what you think

pyro-manic

Wow, some interesting stuff there! I particularly like the evolved Canberra with the big fans - a fighter? Or AEW/advanced recce with those big cheek arrays? And what's the black Jag got under the wing?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Martin H

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 01, 2012, 11:52:51 AM
Wow, some interesting stuff there! I particularly like the evolved Canberra with the big fans - a fighter? Or AEW/advanced recce with those big cheek arrays? And what's the black Jag got under the wing?

Plus whats hanging under the wing of the two seater?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

deathjester

Hey!  Nice to see you back again!

The airbase is really coming along nicely now - great work!

pyro-manic

Quote from: Martin H on December 01, 2012, 01:17:59 PM
Plus whats hanging under the wing of the two seater?

I may be wrong, but it looks a bit like a TARPS recce pod from an F-14.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Model Mutt

Thanks for the comments guys, the canberra is one of three developments of the remaing pr.9s in service and is meant to be an advanced recon with slar fitted in the cheek pods. The pod on the black jaguar was just spares chucked together to make a data sampling pod for the eurofighter and the the pod on the two seater was from a 1/48 eurofighter kit made to look like a recon and jamming pod as the t.2 has the nose art of a jaguar called ollie balancing on a ball which suited it as being a big cat that performs tricks.

Thanks again for the comments

Cobra

This is Superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope My Dio turns out as Good as This One! Keep up the great Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Model Mutt

Thanks Dan, i´m fairly happy with it now but i could improve the taxiway and still not happy with the taxi lines after the 5th attempt at them! only thing left to do on the diorama now is a couple of details and paint some backboards (which i am dreading!)

Hobbes

What is that Tornado with the bulged nose?

Model Mutt

Hi Hobbes, it was meant to be a quick build similar to an ef-111 but based on a gr.4 tornado but this is now stalled while i try find the 1/48 italeri tr-1 kit for another build

martinbayer

That F-19/YF-12(?) mix is simply stunning! 1/72 front with 1/48 back I presume?

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Model Mutt

Quote from: martinbayer on December 03, 2012, 08:50:04 AM
That F-19/YF-12(?) mix is simply stunning! 1/72 front with 1/48 back I presume?

Martin

Spot on Martin, also has a 1/72 f-16 nose and 1/100 707 undercarriage

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Model Mutt

Thanks Tophe  :thumbsup:n got a few more update pictures, not evenn half of what i have in progress at the moment on the bench though.
Lightninng T.11 Used as a TSR.2 Testbed

Gnat GR.4 Used in Operation Telic

Eurobomber Typhoon GR.5

Lockheed Next Generationn Bomber

Thanks for looking