Does anyone know what's going on here?

Started by SigfanUSAF, November 23, 2012, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

Very nice. Now what to do with the inboard waist gunner positions? Very obvious limited ranges of fire zones.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

McColm

SigfanUSAF

Quote from: Go4fun on November 25, 2012, 12:39:39 PM
Very nice. Now what to do with the inboard waist gunner positions? Very obvious limited ranges of fire zones.

They're actually getting single .50 in the traditional sense. I figure they do have a decent range of fire, and it'll bring my total to 18 guns.

I'm not thrilled with the landing gear, hindsight what it is and all. If I had it to do over, seeing as how I already decided a bombload wouldn't happen, I'd put the main landing gear in the outboard sides of the two bomb bays.

PR19_Kit

I'm astonished at the speed with which you built a relatively complex airframe!  :o

Well done indeed!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Actually it may not be that hard to put the main gear into the bomb bay with some very careful cutting.
Or you could save it for the follow up "super heavy" strafer with guns packed into two noses and the gun packs on the sides of the fuselage.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

Oh, look, its a B-25 trimotor!  ;D

Great looking model but I agree, I think the inner waist gunners aren't going to have much to do.   :blink:

As for the landing gear - I think a central unit would have been the way to go.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Go4fun on November 25, 2012, 12:39:39 PM
Now what to do with the inboard waist gunner positions?

Crawlspace between fuselages, there'd be a first! ;D

Seriously though, she (they?)'s turning out a beaut!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

SigfanUSAF

Quote from: kerick on November 25, 2012, 08:00:35 PM
Actually it may not be that hard to put the main gear into the bomb bay with some very careful cutting.
Or you could save it for the follow up "super heavy" strafer with guns packed into two noses and the gun packs on the sides of the fuselage.

I think this mod looks more....natural :cheers:

Old Wombat

Do my eyes deceive me, or did you just swap around those main wheels in less than a day? :o

Ni-i-ice! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

OK, so now you've filled up the bomb bays with wheels, are the bombs in the three engine nacelles instead of the wheels?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

SigfanUSAF

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 27, 2012, 02:10:26 AM
OK, so now you've filled up the bomb bays with wheels, are the bombs in the three engine nacelles instead of the wheels?

No bombs for this bird, but that is a good amount of available space......

Last night I began adding invasion stripes using Microscale 1/2" parallel stripes=

kitnut617

Sigfan,  I like how this has turned out, I've had for a while some similar ideas for a couple of other type along these lines.

My only suggestion would be that the main wheels should be twin-wheel set ups (you've got almost twice the airplane so twice the weight)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

SigfanUSAF

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 01, 2012, 08:58:29 AM
Sigfan,  I like how this has turned out, I've had for a while some similar ideas for a couple of other type along these lines.

My only suggestion would be that the main wheels should be twin-wheel set ups (you've got almost twice the airplane so twice the weight)

Thanks! And you're quite right, though I had thought of simply up sizing the rear wheels to more of a B17 diameter.

As to the concern of 3 empty wheel wells....I noticed a lack of ventral protection on the B25- perhaps a lower turret in the center nacelle of sorts? The poor guy would have to be on oxygen 100% of the time with the exhaust though!