P39D v Hurricane Mk I

Started by Army of One, November 25, 2012, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

hank

If you still need the Mk IX transfers PM me your address and I'll get them in the post. Daft meeting up just for a small sheet
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Woohoo.....!! Decals arrived....Xtradecal X72-117 and they look great....two sheets of colour prints, what an awesome package....options are 3x Hurri, 4x Spit, 1x Gladiator, 1x Defiant and 1x Blenheim....I can see how painting can be confusing with the different options for the undersides....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on November 28, 2012, 12:23:37 PM
PM inbound.......cheers....H

Be in the post Friday.

Yup loads of underside colour options for the period you have in mind and that dosn't include the great "sky" debate  ;D

For a twist why not put one of those yellowy gas panels on the wings.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

I'd like to have done 'sky' undersides but will prob go with black (night?) and white...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Depends on the timeframe.  They would have been delivered post June after the fall of France, so you'd be looking either Sky (possibly Sky Blue) or later in the year (post September?) Sky with one wing underside in night (Black) and the roundel under that wing gets a yellow ring surround.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

Cheers Wooks......clears it up a bit.....I really like the black/white or sky undersides....the decal sheet states white and actually has a Spit with that and an aluminium underside from infront of the gullwing insert to the rudder.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Probably one delivered pre-war that hadn't been repainted.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

dadlamassu

Something like this?   But with squadron codes?

Army of One

Oh yeah.....something like that.....the one I will do will have a 20mm engine cannon and a .50 in each wing and another in a underwing gondola......6x .50 cal n a 20mm engine cannon...a big hitter.....should make short work of the low legal Jabo's......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Nah, put a pair of 40 mm cannon in gondolas under the wings, that'll REALLY give those '110s a tough time!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Change the 20mm engine cannon for a 40mm gun firing hi-ex rounds.....?? How many rds would it carry....?? Still like the idea of the 6x .50's......,
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

About 30 rounds of 40mm Hank as thats how many 37mm were carried.

Did any other RAF aircraft have 0.5" Brownings in 1940 ? Can't think off hand. There would always be the problem of amunition availabilty as I presume it would need to be shipped across the pond ? Might be better to go with the 40mm (an S gun) and 4 .303" ?

Army of One

Chris......got the decals......much more than expected,cheers...!! I see what you are saying but I'd like to think copious amounts of .50 cal ammo....cut it down to four....two in the nose an two in the underwing gondolas....I'll go with a 20mm engine cannon as well for ease of ammo availability and a higher capacity than 37/40mm....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dogsbody

A couple of colour pics.

First one is from Warbirds Illustrated No.15 " American Warplanes World War Two-Korea  Vol.2 " by Jeffery L. Ethell.

The second image is from " The Royal Air Force of World War Two In Colour " br Roger A. Freeman, published by Brockhampton Press, 1993.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"