Lockheed Martin F-35A, B, C and other ideas

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 27, 2012, 01:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Thanks for the info.
I read somewhere that Lockheed teamed up with Yak to fund three prototypes of the YAk-41M.

Hobbes

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PR19_Kit

Is that landing with the main engine in 'burner, or just the effect of the increased throttle setting on the IR camera?

That's the furthest open I've ever seen the liftfan door too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

i think thats a low light (image intensifyer / starlight camara)  from the green tint / speckels Kit  so i think non burner, as there is no sign of the shock dimonds either 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Ah right, shock diamonds, or the lack of them, should have given it away. Thanks.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

no problem Kit, its nice to be helpful round here for a change
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

rickshaw

Steel Penguin is correct, its an Image Intensifier, not a Thermal Imager, image.   If it was a TI picture, you'd expect the exhaust to be a lot brighter as well as the hot areas of the airframe around it.   The roundels, lights and most of the airframe  would show up darker or even black, as they would be giving off little heat.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Taiidantomcat

F-16 with 5th Generation Have Glass paint (Top), the Same paint used by the JSF.

Pod and pylons on an F-35B

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Steel Penguin

interesting to see how distinct the panels on it are though, they seem to stand out visualy quite strongly.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 05, 2013, 07:07:23 AM
interesting to see how distinct the panels on it are though, they seem to stand out visualy quite strongly.

Looks like they've been "pre-shaded" by a modeller.  ;)

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 05, 2013, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on January 05, 2013, 06:42:32 AM

Pod and pylons on an F-35B

There goes the 'Stealth' bit anyway.........  :-\

On the second day of a campaign, when all the opposition should have been eliminated, you don't need stealth...  ;D ;D

McColm

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 14, 2012, 11:03:13 AM
I'm sure they are trying it. If and when we'll see it is another matter...
They have, just check out YouTube. A Chinese news channel reported on it. I'm not too sure whether this is a model or a working prototype.

Taiidantomcat