Lockheed Martin F-35A, B, C and other ideas

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 27, 2012, 01:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

http://www.martin-baker.com/products/ejection-seats/mk16/f35

US16E Ejection Seat by Martin Baker. First ejection seat to incorporate the needs of more delicate female bones into the design. Variants of it are already in use on the Eurofighter, and Texan II
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

"Fetch the comfy chair!"
I mean, compared to other ejection seats, this one does look rather comfy.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Steel Penguin

QuotePosted by: ChernayaAkula 
Insert Quote
"Fetch the comfy chair!"
I mean, compared to other ejection seats, this one does look rather comfy. 
my thoughts as well, but if it works and means less damage to pilots on the way out, that can only be a good thing
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Presumably it's more a case of a slower burning, or even a modulated burning, rocket motor that makes it more suitable for female pilots. Just adding more cushions wouldn't actually do the job.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

I think one could assume that it would help the "delicate bones" of women, it would also help the "delicate bones" of men.  Many male pilots have suffered spinal injury during ejections.  I wonder though, when did they stop using pull chords at the top of the seat?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

crudebuteffective

slow burn or comfy cushions, I don't think the 7400 plus people saved by this companies products care

god bless sir james martin
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

pyro-manic

The blurb on the MB site talks about a two-stage catapult launch, before the rocket motor kicks in. I would think that this helps to limit the acceleration forces on the occupant, and thus reduce the risk of spinal damage (which was rather common with older "gun-type" ejection seats).
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Quote from: crudebuteffective on September 29, 2013, 08:52:59 AM
slow burn or comfy cushions, I don't think the 7400 plus people saved by this companies products care

god bless sir james martin

Indeed.  A clever man who's genius has saved as you say, an awful lot of peoples' lives.

Taiidantomcat

Electro-Optical Targeting system or EOTS by Northrop Grumman:

(on the CATB test plane)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fHZO0T5mDYU#t=0

Tracking Artillery/AAA

This works in coordination with the AN/AAQ-37 Distributed Aperture System (DAS) to create EODAS, Also from Northrop Grumman:

http://www.northropgrumman.com/capabilities/anaaq37f35/pages/default.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF29GBSpRF4&feature=player_embedded

Tracking missiles

This system or improvements/derivatives will probably be more common on future aircraft/UCAVs/UAVs. It replaces the need for a separate targeting pod as well.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

kitnut617

As seen here ------ pic I took at Yuma Airshow this year

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2013, 02:31:54 PM
What happens if it's cloudy?

It can see through them like (well technically better than) current targeting pods.

Great picture Kitnut, I could not find a good one like yours  :thumbsup:

rickshaw

Hobbes

Quote from: crudebuteffective on September 29, 2013, 08:52:59 AM

IIRC a successful ejection is often a career ender because it causes enough injury that repeating it is not advisable. A pilot who ends up grounded would definitely care about the quality of the ejection.

kitnut617

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 03, 2013, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2013, 02:31:54 PM
What happens if it's cloudy?

It can see through them like (well technically better than) current targeting pods.

Great picture Kitnut, I could not find a good one like yours  :thumbsup:

Thanks TC, Evan told me the clear fairing is made from crystal clear synthetic sapphire material -----  :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike