Lockheed Martin F-35A, B, C and other ideas

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 27, 2012, 01:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Cool. I was looking at the Kittyhawk kits at my LHS. If I was independently wealthy I'd buy all 3 !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

good to see inside the suction relief doors -- and how the weapons bay doors are used as air dams --- interesting video  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PR19_Kit

Italian built? I never knew they were going to do that...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KJ_Lesnick

That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

Yes, the second assembly F-35 line is in Italy.  Some components from Italy (wings mainly) others parts from elsewhere. Slated to assemble/build the Italian and Netherlands F-35A/B's and get a good share of maintenance/upgrade work for European F-35 over the next few decades.  Part of the work share and benefits of being an early partner, and likely why the Italian government is so on board with the F-35. Lots of local jobs....   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Great shots. She's really coming along quickly now !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

Me neither. Good forward thinking from them I would have thought
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I like the way the F-35 Wiki page says a spokesman for the US Dept. of Defence won't share the source code for the software with it's main partners because of security reasons.

He obviously didn't read the bit that says the self same software was written by BAe Systems.......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 10, 2015, 08:54:02 AM
I like the way the F-35 Wiki page says a spokesman for the US Dept. of Defence won't share the source code for the software with it's main partners because of security reasons.

He obviously didn't read the bit that says the self same software was written by BAe Systems.......  ;)

Yeah, BAE Systems Inc. in the US and the jobs require US citizenship and a security clearance.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 10, 2015, 11:07:29 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 10, 2015, 08:54:02 AM

Yeah, BAE Systems Inc. in the US and the jobs require US citizenship and a security clearance.

Typical..........

Regards
Kit

jcf

Yep, all part of BAE Systems declared intent back in 1999-2000 to penetrate the US market. The
US avionics division is made up primarily of US firms purchased following the creation of BAE Systems plc.
The US DoD is BAE's largest client, and they do everything they can to keep it that way.
At one point they were telling folks that BAE does not mean British Aerospace.  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 10, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

At one point they were telling folks that BAE does not mean British Aerospace.  :rolleyes:

Except we all know that's exactly what it means.

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

Great pics thanks ! Nice to see her on a big carrier. Wonder if it's all a ruse like the Marines 'operational' deployment ?  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?