Lockheed Martin F-35A, B, C and other ideas

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 27, 2012, 01:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 07, 2015, 05:49:26 AM
Great pics thanks ! Nice to see her on a big carrier. Wonder if it's all a ruse like the Marines 'operational' deployment ?  :blink:

USMC IOC is not a 'ruse', nor is it a deployment, the first deployment is scheduled for 2017.

PR19_Kit

How can you tell the difference between an A and a C if the wings aren't folded?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wuzak

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 11, 2015, 02:59:06 AM
How can you tell the difference between an A and a C if the wings aren't folded?

I think the wing span is greater on the C.

Gondor

The C also has a lump at the rear of the lower fuselage for the hook.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: wuzak on October 11, 2015, 03:08:53 AM

I think the wing span is greater on the C.

It is for sure, but unless both types are alongside each other at the time it's difficult to see that.......

Quote from: Gondor on October 11, 2015, 03:50:06 AM

The C also has a lump at the rear of the lower fuselage for the hook.

Gondor

So the land based one doesn't have a hook at all, or is it a lighter duty hook?

[Later] Ahah, the C has twin nosewheels apparently, whereas the As & Bs have single nosehweels.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Beautiful shots for sure ! Thanks ! Nice to see her in all those 'modelable' poses....sure is a tough looking bird ! The burner shot look similar to the ones I had, as the 6 ship was blasting off right in front of me and I had the big tele-funkin' zoom on. Of course, they were deleted by the air force cop as the wheels were on the ground.... :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I must admit she does look very nice in those carrier shots, especially from the front. Still don't like the way the stars and bars looks on that scheme, but that's purely cosmetic and a just me preferring things to be a bit more colourful. Wonder what CAG aircraft will look like once she's operational ? Or will the materials used in construction restrict the usual style of decoration being used ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 11, 2015, 07:25:03 AM
I must admit she does look very nice in those carrier shots, especially from the front. Still don't like the way the stars and bars looks on that scheme, but that's purely cosmetic and a just me preferring things to be a bit more colourful. Wonder what CAG aircraft will look like once she's operational ? Or will the materials used in construction restrict the usual style of decoration being used ?

I found this: https://www.google.pt/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCKa84ZTXusgCFcNaGgodIxECNQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbeyondthesprues.com%2FForum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D273.315&psig=AFQjCNFfxTUDR6eC6CUb-Lrjc_1o6tcCOA&ust=1444661314416658
posted by Taiidantomcat on Beyond the sprues forum, from someone at Deviant art, this is my favorit RW scheme on the F-35. :wub:
I also found this pic googling about, but there's no black around the cockpit... :angry: i hope it's just cause it's an antenna test model... :banghead:
https://www.google.pt/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCM6BveTWusgCFUk5GgodWs4OvA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.codeonemagazine.com%2Ff35_gallery_slideshow.html%3Fgallery_id%3D143%26gallery_style%3D1&psig=AFQjCNFfxTUDR6eC6CUb-Lrjc_1o6tcCOA&ust=1444661314416658

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 11, 2015, 07:25:03 AM

I think they will till have a "color bird" It might still be a little more on the conservative side. It can be done though:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

Wow great shots Dogfighter thanks for that one as well. Love the weapons bay and refuelling pics.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 12, 2015, 10:52:00 AM
Wow great shots Dogfighter thanks for that one as well. Love the weapons bay and refuelling pics.

:drink:

Anytime!  :thumbsup:
What about the pic with the weapons laid out in front of it? What a pic... :wub:
It will be great to see an F-35 with the Jolly Rogers markings on it, but i was very impressed by the Swedish camouflaged bird. That looks great! Might have to build one of mine with a similar camo scheme, it just looks so different. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Caveman

The C has a "lump" mid way out on each wing for the extra aileron actuator
the wing chord of the c is much greater and meets the leading edge of the h-stab
the h-stab on the c is longer and has a higher aspect ratio
the c & b both have re-fueling probes mounted along side the cockpit like normal people, as opposed to the A's receptacle behind the pilot
the c has twin nose landing gear as well as catapult kit
the a has an internal gun on the port side, the c has a center-line station for a podded gun instead
because of its longer wing the outer hard point on the c significantly further in from the wingtip than the a & b's wing
secretprojects forum migrant

PR19_Kit

Thanks, very handy.

One day the USAF will get its act together and fit its aircraft with BOTH type of AAR kit, seeing as they make out they're likely to fly over the entire world............

Regards
Kit