Lockheed Martin F-35A, B, C and other ideas

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 27, 2012, 01:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2015, 02:32:51 PM
Thanks, very handy.

One day the USAF will get its act together and fit its aircraft with BOTH type of AAR kit, seeing as they make out they're likely to fly over the entire world............

That would be a backwards step for them as in the late 50's and early 60's they did have both types for a while as they changed from the Probe and drogue to flying boom. The F-105 being an example to have both types on the same aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Depends how open minded they'd be.

Oh sorry, that's an oxymoron in this case..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup I think any art work is likely to be on the tail fins. Plenty of room there for some interesting ideas. The Dutch and Italian AF's could have some fun  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Looking at the pics, with a bit of work (move the intakes, hydroskis) I can see an F-35D Sea Dart II in one of these.
Or maybe just put one on floats.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sandiego89

Nice pictures.

Do we still lack a mainstream F-35B model kit in the proper 1/72 scale?  I see A's in both common scales and the Kittyhawk B in 1/48.  The Fujimi kit was more based on the X-35 V/STOL variant.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Good heavens, that front one in the last pic is an RAF one! :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Diamondback

There's an idea... combine A gun-nose with C wing on B fuselage, adding B/C probe to front section, relocating AF IFR slipway behind fan and up-rating engine by more than the added weight. Maybe stretch to add second seat.

Or another one, inspired by the "Zwilling" posted earlier: Chop two F-35B mid and rear sections just to side of engine (one each left and right), Siamese together, stretch. Attach upscaled F-22 wing and tailgroup. Graft on F-22 Fwd fuse/cockpit repacked with combo F-22 and F-35 sensors and avionics. Build at Hill AFB, call it the "Utahraptor."

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Diamondback on October 14, 2015, 02:18:30 PM
There's an idea... combine A gun-nose with C wing on B fuselage, adding B/C probe to front section, relocating AF IFR slipway behind fan and up-rating engine by more than the added weight. Maybe stretch to add second seat.

Or another one, inspired by the "Zwilling" posted earlier: Chop two F-35B mid and rear sections just to side of engine (one each left and right), Siamese together, stretch. Attach upscaled F-22 wing and tailgroup. Graft on F-22 Fwd fuse/cockpit repacked with combo F-22 and F-35 sensors and avionics. Build at Hill AFB, call it the "Utahraptor."

I would love to put an F-35 front on an F-22. Just don't have the guts to start carving up kits that cost that much just yet  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Diamondback

I hear that, TT--I was thinking about switching my MH-53N build to 1/72, except that the two Italeri Stallion kits I need together cost more than the 1/48 Academy one I already have! Not to mention the difficulty of getting the Super Stallion sponson sprues rather than the Sea Dragon ones... and carving the #4 engine and redesigned rotorhead are gonna be even more a nightmare in the smaller scale.

KiwiZac

Quote from: sandiego89 on October 14, 2015, 12:39:14 PM
Do we still lack a mainstream F-35B model kit in the proper 1/72 scale?
I think so. Orange Hobby is doing a C, I can't remember which scale or if they're doing others.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

kitnut617

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 14, 2015, 03:16:28 PM
I think so. Orange Hobby is doing a C, I can't remember which scale or if they're doing others.

Fujimi 

this is what I did to mine

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,39012.15.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

DogfighterZen

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 14, 2015, 03:16:28 PM

The Orange Hobby F-35C is 1/72, KittyHawk makes the 3 versions in 1/48.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Gorgeous shots. Love the 4-ship ! Nice catch on the RAF one....I wouldn't have noticed !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I like the deck shot, real impression of speed  :thumbsup:

Must admit I'm starting to mellow towards her, just wish for a little more colour but that's just old fashioned me  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.