2013 GB Initial outline

Started by NARSES2, December 06, 2012, 07:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right the initial outline for 2013's GB is here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36186.0.html. Please read carefully if interested and contact me by PM if necessary with any queries

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

What about the "Mingabo Alliance"??

A combination of Chinese and Australian Empires seeking to halt Imperial Roman expansion in the late 20th Century?
:-\
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Hi Tel

That's covered in the Sci/Fi fantasy section, and I must admit I did have Mingabo in mind as I still have copies of your fantastic maps  :thumbsup: So go for it  ;D

I've added a list of the former colonial powers in the region to my origional list, just so it's a little more complete - for now

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

After feedback Russia (USSR, Tsarist Russia, Russian Rep etc) has been added to the list

rickshaw

Interesting that the DPRK is not amongst the list.

Nor Tibet (although it could be considered officially a part of the PRC).

I'm surprised Hong Kong is considered a separate nation.

Interesting concept.  I will dwell upon it.  I have a few ideas...  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on December 08, 2012, 02:06:54 AM
Interesting that the DPRK is not amongst the list.

Yes it is, fifth one down.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

As Kit says N Korea is there. For some reason Eurostat regard S Korea as  E Asia and North as Asia ???

Tibet is considered part of China in the official lists but if you wanted to maintain that the Tibetan Empire survived beyond the 14thC then so be it  :thumbsup: Also Tibet may have maintained it's independence in your world.

Hong Kong is a separate Customs entity which is part of the reason Eurostat treat it as a separate country.

The list was really to define the current countries included and thus define the area included. If I'd tried to include all the historical nations, empires, alliances, states etc then most peple would never have heard of most of them. My own favourites are the Khitan. Their heavy cavalry was probably the heaviest armed of all time  ;D

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff

I did have an idea for a Tzarist Alaska with forces fighting in Sakalinand eastern Siberia with US aid?

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on December 08, 2012, 04:35:28 AM
I did have an idea for a Tzarist Alaska with forces fighting in Sakalinand eastern Siberia with US aid?

Geoff as long as the action takes place in Asia, go for it. So this would be Tsarist v Soviet ? A continuation of the civil war ?

In a similar vein maybe the Czech Legion stayed in Siberia and calved out their own territory ?

Nick

Room there for a Soviet Israel on the former Jewish Autonomous Region of the USSR. After Germany and the Soviet Union meet in Poland, the Nazis do a deal to make all the Jews into Stalin's problem by shipping them ease.
The Politburo send them all the way across the USSR to the Far East. By 1945 over 2 million people of Jewish European descent are forging a new life on the Chinese border.  Despite changes in Moscow and crackdowns on religious behaviour and the harsh surroundings, by 1991 there is a thriving population of 5 million of whom most are practicing Jews.
They take their chance and declare independence as a state that is part of the short-lived Commonwealth of Independent States. Armed with ex-Soviet military equipment, they have occasional border clashes with neighbouring states.

That'll do for starters...

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2012, 08:05:19 AM
Quote from: Geoff on December 08, 2012, 04:35:28 AM

Geoff as long as the action takes place in Asia, go for it. So this would be Tsarist v Soviet ? A continuation of the civil war ?

In a similar vein maybe the Czech Legion stayed in Siberia and calved out their own territory ?

Yes - the civil war continues into 1940s. The Tzar is in Alaska which remaind Russian. White forces have a largish area of eastern Siberia under their control. But there is a constant low intensity war with seasonal "big pushes". A bit like the war in the Ukraine that lasted into the 50's.
There was some artwork for a Tzarist P-39 on here a few years ago IIRC.

Geoff

Another idea is US supplied a/c operated by the USSR against the 3rd Reich in a Fatherland scenario?

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on December 08, 2012, 04:59:30 PM
Another idea is US supplied a/c operated by the USSR against the 3rd Reich in a Fatherland scenario?

I assume in that scenario the Germans had pushed beyond the Urals into Asia ?

This is where the whole Asia thing can get tricky. Russia/the USSR is so large and covers so much of the Asian land mass that I have to include it. However any scenario involving Russia/USSR has to take place in Asia. If you have an independent Siberia then as far as I'm concerned you can build models of Siberian forces/civil institutions anywhere in the world. If they are Russian/Soviet then they stay in Asia. Otherwise we end up with a lot of Eastern Front WWII builds.

Sorry to be pedantic about this, it's probably the only issue I will be strict on, but I do feel we shouldn't be distracted from the aim of encouraging builds that encompass Asia. After all it's a huge geographical area with a fascinating, long and great history.