P 51 super mustang-DONE

Started by dekybomber, December 10, 2012, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekybomber

hi guys,i been away for awhile,but with words of arnold,i am back..here is my new project,1/48 P 51 mustang,or super mustang...since there is no 1/48 modell of A 29 super tucano,i decided to play litlle with mustang and made super mustang or modern plane on the old design,turbo prop engine,and all the latest avionics and gadgets,tricycle landing gear,laser guided bombs,hellfires,hardest part is done,i think it will be done couple of days,hope you like it..

perttime

Excellent!

Just one question: now that you have a turbo-prop engine on it, what is the doghouse for?

Dizzyfugu

The tricycle undercarriage looks great on the P-51!
Very good idea, like it a lot!  :thumbsup:

Already an idea who will be the user (livery & markings)?

dekybomber

doghouse is i dont know haha,i just left it there,somehow it s not mustang without it,maybe aditional air intrake,romulan disruptor-who knows...markings will be USAF,2 tone gray camo.

perttime

... or you could have a second turbine back there. A Romulan disruptor works fine for me, though ...

dekybomber

pyro-manic

Extra fuel. Sorted. :) Looking forward to the finished model.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

This has certainly got my attention,turbo props on ww2 fighters and armed to the teeth is my kind of thing.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

SigfanUSAF

I love this concept!

It would have kept the A-1 Skyraider in the hangers during Vietnam in the ground support role!

kerick

Look up Piper Enforcer here for starters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-48_Enforcer
The Air Force did test it and found it worked well but didn't go for it. The money maker would have been selling them to third world countries.
I always thought of what a Corsair would have looked like with a turbo prop and some updates. How about a turbo Sea Fury?
Like the look of this, keep us posted.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

I'd have to agree with Chrison that.......looks great.....!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tophe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 10, 2012, 08:24:10 AM
The tricycle undercarriage looks great on the P-51!
Very good idea, like it a lot!  :thumbsup:
Our dear Glenn already built a P-51 with tricycle undercarriage, different:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Logan Hartke

I actually did the same but on a larger scale with a A-26/P-51 hybrid I designed.

Cheers,

Logan

JayBee

Quote from: Tophe on December 11, 2012, 09:09:49 PM
Our dear Glenn already built a P-51 with tricycle undercarriage, different:

So did I about four years ago.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

dekybomber

i didn t know there was actually P 51 white tricycle undercarriage,the idea came to me from my head,actually i was gonna do two seater version,with bae hawk canopy and longer fuselage,but there was a problem with extending fuselage although it seems like it was gonna be easy,there vas a lot of problems and i didn't manage to acquired 1/48 HAWK in time,so whatta hell i started single seat version,now in the proces of making some LGB-i didn't manage to acquired them also,couple of things to do on fuselage and wings-then painthing  :cheers: