P 51 super mustang-DONE

Started by dekybomber, December 10, 2012, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: dekybomber on December 12, 2012, 04:23:30 AM
i didn t know there was actually P 51 white tricycle undercarriage,the idea came to me from my head  :cheers:
"Great minds think alike"... Your one is good too, and that is a whole family which is enriched by your model, thanks :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dekybomber

99% percent done,stil some things to do,but it is done,i am satisfied the way it turned out  <_<

and 100% done..

Logan Hartke

You have good reason to be.  That's lovely.  It does emphasize how much modern aircraft like the Super Tucano and PC-9 owe to the P-51 in general layout.

Cheers,

Logan

Cliffy B

Its beastly man, awesome job  :cheers:  I can see this thing tearing around South America doing COIN work and blasting drug runners  :wacko:

What is that pod inboard of the starboard Brownings; radar, laser designator?  What's under the hood; stock, modified stock, or something new?

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

crudebuteffective

nice job

heres one i made the
Mcdonall-Douglas A1K Punisher, circa 2009 afganistan

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Sticky Fingers

Nice work, dekybomber :thumbsup:, particularly like the weathering job: subtle but effective.

TallEng

Oh now that is a good take on a modernized Mustang.  :thumbsup:
One tiny thing bothers me though, it's that pigeon type bird  ;D just behind
The exhaust, you really ought to replace it with a "Mustang" .

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

dekybomber

thanks guys,well the pod is radar,underneath is laser designator unit,under the hood should be something very powerful,some new generation turboprop engine that outputs 2500 Kw,in order to be able to lift that much armament..i was actually thinking of making modern turboprop variant of A1 Skyrider-"crudebuteffective" yours is great idea,i think i will do something like yours only with tricicle landing gear.

crudebuteffective

I've always liked the idea of an aircraft being useds long after there standard life like the piper enforcer (the inspiration for the beast above), and
the douglas invader, as for tricycle under carriage my raider could have done with it i had to extend the rear wheel so the pilot could realistically look over the long nose

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

NARSES2

Now that looks good in lo-viz  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

That's pretty cool!  :thumbsup: All the little airframe mods, the antennas, very nice! I wonder, though,... do you feel it's got enough armament?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dadlamassu

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 20, 2012, 07:39:20 AM
though,... do you feel it's got enough armament?  :wacko:

I thought the same - then realised that you'd missed off the wingtip Sidewinders?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: dadlamassu on December 20, 2012, 08:35:56 AM

I thought the same - then realised that you'd missed off the wingtip Sidewinders?

...and the Tallboy underneath!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Well, the Super Mustang confirms my belief that the Tucano bears more than a passing resemblance to the P-51D.  And as for the TurboSkyraider, well if only more had been done with the magnificent (looking, if not performing) Wyvern.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2012, 10:07:23 AM
Quote from: dadlamassu on December 20, 2012, 08:35:56 AM

...and the Tallboy underneath!

There's probably a kitchen sink  somewhere........
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet