Airfix Starter kits

Started by major, December 14, 2012, 05:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

major

Wasn't quite sure where to put this! I have been reliably informed by SWMBO that Aldi (yes the supermarket) are selling Airfix starter kits from this sunday, 16 Dec. for £4. 99 each. A tad cheaper than Airfix themselves, if anyone is intrested. Squadron 'o spits on the way for the nephews!

NARSES2

It's the right place and thanks for the info
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

i'll have a look as i am sure that there is at least one aldi in cov'.

cheers for the heads up.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Details here:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_28300.htm

Looks like Spitfire, Tomahawk, Gazelle and Gnat. Bear in mind that the Tomahawk and Gnat mouldings are likely to be the old ones, not the new ones.

Might go and nab some Gazelles...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Looks like another trip to Alid's then...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

Hmmm, might pick up a Gazelle.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on December 16, 2012, 02:50:19 PM

me too. there are several and as i have trip to dentists tomorrow, its a nice thing to go hunting for afterwards.  :wub:

pyro-manic

Picked up a Gazelle and Tomahawk today. The Tomahawk is the new tooling, which is excellent. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 17, 2012, 07:23:48 AM

me too. there are several and as i have trip to dentists tomorrow, its a nice thing to go hunting for afterwards.  :wub:

That's part of what got me started modelling!  When I was a youngster, there was a newsagents across from the dentists that sold toys.  Mum would buy us something to cheer us up, I always headed to the Matchbox kits.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on December 18, 2012, 11:15:06 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 17, 2012, 07:23:48 AM

me too. there are several and as i have trip to dentists tomorrow, its a nice thing to go hunting for afterwards.  :wub:

That's part of what got me started modelling!  When I was a youngster, there was a newsagents across from the dentists that sold toys.  Mum would buy us something to cheer us up, I always headed to the Matchbox kits.

postponed this trip by a day mossie. as i have only recovered today and only JUST finished school for 2012.

fact is i'll do it thursday.  :wub: