1/48 AMT Colonel Roscoe Turner's Lockheed Vega floatplane("What-if).

Started by CSMO, December 18, 2012, 01:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

Question: What do you do when you have a kit with no decals? Answer: Dig around in the spares-box for inspiration. I did just that for this build.
The Gilmore Oil Company was the corporate sponsor for Colonel Roscoe Turner, the famous American racing pilot in the 1930s. The company bought two Vegas. One, on wheels for corporate business, and the other For Colonel Turner's use and for flying company big-shots to fishing weekends in the wilderness. The model is built OOB. The paint is Tamiya Gloss Red, Humbrol Chrome Yellow, and Testors Silver, all brushpainted freehand.  The decals came from the unused portion of the kit decals from the Williams Brothers 1/32 Wedell-Williams Bendix and Thompson Trophy racer. I mounted it on an old Matchbox stand to save shelf-room for my 1/72 models. It certainly adds a pop of color to my model shelves. Adios, Larry.

On the bench: Pavla Roc, Azur Breda 65, Sword SO3C,  MPM FM-2, Lindberg Ar.234, Hasegawa P-40N, Airfic Kittyhawk II, Airfix Spitfire IX(all 1/72), & AMT 1/25 "32 Ford Vicky street rod.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]