Ian ,
Check PM

Gekko_1

FAR148

QuoteYes?

Very Cool! :wub:  

Steven L  :cheers:

kerick

In reality the contrasting grey markings is probably what you would see but I think the black gives more pop.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I agree with Kerick. The grey markings I've used on the F-2, are just too subtle, a darker grey or black would have worked better on that scheme. Since you asked, I would go with black.... however you could consider contrasting greys light on dark paint and vice-versa ??

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Daryl J.

Black.   The subdued markings seem to be almost too invisible beyond a foot on the well done 1:48 jets I've seen over the years.

kerick

Go for it! It will look great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Daryl J.

FAR148

Project chance... New paint scheme :thumbsup: 

Not to sure about one color, FS 20450? I got FS 33531 Sand and FS 36375 Light Ghost Gray. I think FS 30219 Dark tan would work. I am going to chance the camo pattern on the drop tank.

Until later,
Steven L  :drink:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Now that I can completely get behind. Brave to make the change, great choice of scheme. Will look 'in sync' alongside the Canadian F-4 from a couple of months back.

Looking forward to this new direction too.

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Daryl J.

Funny you say, Ian.   Upon seeing the new scheme choice it seemed to be a great match to the Phantom. 

FAR148

Thanks for the support guys  :thumbsup: She'll look cool along side her Canadian cousin. Today I did a color test using sand, dark ghost gray(looks darker to me in the profile) and I mixed up a dark tan color.

Steven L  :cheers:

nighthunter

Looks good! But why a Desert Scheme? I could see them being deployed, depending on era to the Gulf War (Operation Desert Shield/Storm) or in Afghanistan.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

The colours look god, very Isreali F-15.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gekko_1

Quote from: FAR148 on March 04, 2013, 11:21:21 AM
Project chance... New paint scheme :thumbsup: 

Not to sure about one color, FS 20450? I got FS 33531 Sand and FS 36375 Light Ghost Gray. I think FS 30219 Dark tan would work. I am going to chance the camo pattern on the drop tank.

Hi Steven, the colours came from here

Cheers

Richard.