Mig25-Uz zwilling twin twin-seat

Started by ericr, December 28, 2012, 10:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

I have finalized a four-seater twin twin seat Mig25-Uz zwilling.
(not a Tu25 as I confusingly typed previously)

The Tu25-U has a strange look, with the second cockpit down front in the nose : it deserved to be made a bit stranger still.

The joining is by fuselage (no central wing)

the guys in the cockpits are nearly at shake-hands distance.

PS - My models are painted monochrome, because I like to underline their shape, independently of historical context;
They are painted in a primary color (red, yellow, blue) because I like them ;-)

ericr

Quote from: ericr on December 28, 2012, 10:41:52 PM
(not a Tu25 as I confusingly typed previously)

The Tu25-U has a strange look, with the second cockpit down front in the nose : it deserved to be made a bit stranger still.

oups I did it again sorry : it's MIG 25 ...

Gondor

What kit did you use as a basis?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ericr

Quote from: Gondor on December 30, 2012, 01:45:31 PM
What kit did you use as a basis?

Gondor

The 1/72 Mig25U by Condor, a brand from Ukraine; I found one at my local dealer, the other on ebay

Eric

McColm

Great build,
It begs a tripple build, with the middle aircraft having no wings but houses the pilot and WSO. I might try this with three F-15s glued together, the outer two minus the cockpit glazing.

ericr

Quote from: McColm on December 30, 2012, 11:27:25 PM
Great build,
It begs a tripple build, with the middle aircraft having no wings but houses the pilot and WSO. I might try this with three F-15s glued together, the outer two minus the cockpit glazing.

thanks!
the triple would be a great indeed indeed! Please try it and show us what it's like  :smiley:

In the case of the Mig25U, I could't resist keeping all cockpits, because of the weird nose-position.

ericr

It begs a tripple build

about triples, it makes me think about my triple-triplane Fokker

still coloured quite primaryly ...

Gondor

Reminds me of the cartoon "Catch That Pigeon"

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on January 04, 2013, 04:57:16 AM

Gondor

Yup me to - must admit that does look intriguing
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2013, 02:03:43 AM
Quote from: Gondor on January 04, 2013, 04:57:16 AM

Gondor

Yup me to - must admit that does look intriguing

well, sometimes real life (I mean : not even What If) is even more surprising, isn't it?

Consider, for instance, this Fokker M.9 : ok, it's not quite triple, but I'd give it a 2 1/2

NARSES2

I knew of that Fokker double and there were a few other manufacturers in the period who built similar designs. We really don't know what some of them were actually planing and if that double had worked, who knows what might have happened.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Congratulations for your marvelous MiG25Uz... :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on January 05, 2013, 06:05:13 AM
Congratulations for your marvelous MiG25Uz... :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

mille merci Master Tophe : I think that seeing some of your web pages inspired me along the way  :smiley:

ericr

Great build,
It begs a tripple build,

about triples; suddenly I remeber this one :

as primary as usual ...

Tophe

Your triple P-38 is wonderful, thanks! :thumbsup: :bow:
It is different from Alvis P-38T in my collection http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit . May I draw your one? What is its name?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]