Royal Canadian Navy Seafire (Hybrid) Mk.45

Started by kitnut617, December 30, 2012, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

I've got this one almost done, backstory to follow.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Right.  Aeroteam 21 wing (the bay interiors give it away), guns, prop and radiators.  I suspect the Aeroteam fuselage with the forward section raised.  Tail rebuilt with the spare fuselage in the AZ F21 kit.

Have to confess that a 21 with Spiteful type tail surfaces is in The Plan, as part of Supermarine's attempts to bring the control difficulties of the 21 under, ahem, control.  In addition to a navalised F14 fuselage with Spiteful wings as a shortcut naval fighter.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Beauty ! Such an ugly, yet nice looking bird !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Are Aeroteam and Eduard the same Lee  ?, my PAK-20 book doesn't connect them.  The only Spit listed under Aeroteam is a Mk.IXe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Thanks Chris, Todd.

If anyone is wondering, this is what a Spiteful looks like with Spitfire wings

The Wooksta!

The Aeroteam 21 came out in 1997 and is a copy of the CMR F21 from the previous year.  Eduard reboxed the kit a year later with added resin, etch, new decals and an injection canopy.

Not seen the Aeroteam Mk IXe but would suspect it's a reboxed KP kit.  I haven't seen many Aeroteam kits, I only think they did two or three.

Czech companies and tools are a nightmare to keep a track of.  A lot of these companies that sprang up in the late 80s/early 90s were basically reboxing the early MPM kits.  Karo As and WK being two.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

Certainly looks purposeful......I like it..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

What I did was use one of my Eduard Profipak Mk.21 kits, the tail assembly up to the real world tail assembly joint comes from an Airkit Mk.22, the canopy comes from an Airfix Mk.22 (thanks to Alun for that), and you're right about the Airfix Mk.XIX air intake Lee, that's what I used there.  I also used some of the cockpit detail parts from the Mk.XIX.  Other than that, all I did was raise the cockpit up the scale equivilent of 6" (2.1mm).  The fuselage profile now matches the 3-View drawings I have of the Spiteful exactly ('cause I made sure it did).

The Mk.21 tail will now go on the Airkit Mk.22 because there are a number of photos in various books I have which show this, but also because I already have a Ventura Mk.22 built and now have a new Airfix Mk.22 which will become a Mk.24, so don't need another Mk.22 with large tail surfaces.  I used the Airkit tail because it closely conforms to the Eduard fuselage with a minimal amount of filler and sanding.

Apart from the tail, all that you see here in white and the lighter grey over the engine is all that got changed.  Nothing else was changed.

The Wooksta!

If you're going to do the early version of the 22, it's easier just to swap the wings from the AZ 21 and the AZ 14/18.  same company for all the toolings so they will fit.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitnut617

It's a thought Lee, but seeing as I've already got a kit to make it from, I'll complete it.  I'm going to see if I can get a look at the AZ kits though, got a couple of other ideas in the works --

kitnut617

I've manage to finish a project without getting distracted (well actually this project was a distraction from another project).

crudebuteffective

Nice one, I always thought the spitfire was beautiful and the spiteful was handsom, its weird to look at how the spitfire progressed when you put a MK1 spit and a seafire 47 (another handsome beast) next to each other
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

NARSES2

She does look nice  :thumbsup:

Quote from: crudebuteffective on January 06, 2013, 02:02:25 PM
its weird to look at how the spitfire progressed when you put a MK1 spit and a seafire 47 (another handsome beast) next to each other

Very much so
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.