What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Thorvic on September 23, 2015, 11:40:48 PM
Sod Luftwaffe 46 what about RAF 46 or FAA 46  ;D

Yup  :thumbsup:

2015 has been the year of the twin for me. Built a few twins this year and a few more on the cards.

2016 ? Not sure yet but my alternate RAF/FAA stuff will continue and I'm hoping to get some French subjects done for my "France fights on" scenario. They will have been designed and built in either the US or Canada. The latter could throw up some interesting post war political situations which I will completely ignore  ;D Other than that I've some late 30's stuff that fits my "no WWI and Austro-Hungarian scenario.

So many ideas and that's without real world builds and what Mr Airfix produces out of his hat  :rolleyes:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 23, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
I think I'm going to go that Luft '46 in my 46th year route. Just sounds like a neat idea !

:cheers:

And what could I do, just turned 68?  :blink:
Aria68 ? (For Regia Aeronautica)  :rolleyes: ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Vorcha

I have a MAN 10-ton-truck in 1/72 scale in my stash and I plan to convert it to a Mad-Max-style battle truck... that's on my list for quite some time now.
paper boy

Captain Canada

Good point  :thumbsup: I've accrued too many German kits over the years and zero motivation to build them. I've had ideas and half starts throught the years, so that will be my excuse. Mind you, I have to survive until then  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Got the 1/72 Monogram F-16XL single seater , found that the large air intake on the Boeing X-32 fits with a bit of reshaping and the rear engine without it's housing also fits. Could be converted into a flying testbed.

An-2 Colt needs a turboprop engine or a RR Griffon. Fleet Air Arm colours, possible stringbat COD or bomber.

Must make a start on the Jaguar XJ4 prototype and finish off the Triumph Lynx. In need of a second TR7 in 1/24 or 1/25 scale.
Watched the Fat and Furious on YouTube, Rat Rod FX4 taxi and Dormobiles.
The Model 313- four engine Martin Marlin

McColm

Napier Eland powered Avro Shackleton MR3 (page 85- Nimrod's Genesis)
Kitbash MH-47E with a Fairey Rotodyne.

PR19_Kit

What's that about the Jag XJ4 prototype?

When I was at Pressed Steel in '65 or so our Experimental Shop built the first XJ6, but the project's code no. was 'XJ4'. We did lots of tests on that shell, both 'in white' (meaning not painted at all) and when it was painted, trimmed and fully assembled.

This page of the 'AR Online' site says it was Warwick Grey in colour but I can't remember in so much detail that far back.  ;D

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars/jaguar/xj4/the-cars-jaguar-xj6xj12/

When Jag's Engineering Dept. realised that we knew what we were doing, and after the 1966 BMH merger, they gave us lots of their more technical stuff to do (they were a very empirical engineering company....) and I had to measure the moment of inertia of the big 4.2 litre Jag engine an gearbox. I hung it from the ceiling on our 50 ft. tri-filar suspension platform and the assembly was so heavy, over 800 lbs (!), that it broke the rig! I had to build a stronger one just for that job.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

It's based on one of your photos of what looks like an E-type nose on a two door five seat sedan with an E-type bonet.
The prototype looks like it's mounted on a frame that has castors to move it. Could even be just a mock-up.
It's in under 'cars, trucks' topic.

McColm

Another bonkers idea is a HP Victor AEW using the CastMasters Nimrod AEW resin conversion kit.
The rear part fits, whereas the front has issues. As the vacform kit has no interior details a little tweaking is needed to get some kind of fit.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on October 04, 2015, 07:54:11 AM
It's based on one of your photos of what looks like an E-type nose on a two door five seat sedan with an E-type bonet.
The prototype looks like it's mounted on a frame that has castors to move it. Could even be just a mock-up.
It's in under 'cars, trucks' topic.

Yes, those castor frames were used under the mockups all the time, so you're probably correct about that.

Do you have a direct link to that pic you mentioned please? I can't run it down at the moment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

eatthis

i planning a twinbuild with a modern tornado gr4 and tsr2 to the same spec
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on October 04, 2015, 11:06:28 PM
Went on Google, try looking under E-type saloon.

After a lot of digging I found some decent pics on the AROnline site.

The 'E Type Saloon' proposal.

The mock-up of the XJ4 prototype that was built at the PSF Experimental shop

Regards
Kit

McColm

Thanks Kit, the top two pics.
I thought it was a four door at first glance but looks more like a two door.

Captain Canada

That E type sedan is gorgeous ! Saved that one to show a friend who has a 64 or 75. He'll love it.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?