What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albeback

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 26, 2013, 10:02:17 AM
REALLY retire, as of May 31st.  ;D

All the best then! :thumbsup: If I can stand my job for another 2 years then I'll be doing likewise!! Then I can REALLY get some SERIOUS whiffing done!! <_<

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

NARSES2

Quote from: albeback on April 28, 2013, 01:48:53 AM

All the best then! :thumbsup: If I can stand my job for another 2 years then I'll be doing likewise!! Then I can REALLY get some SERIOUS whiffing done!! <_<

Allan

Problem is Allan your days still fill up and you wonder where they went. Not complaining at all, in fact the exact opposite  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

albeback

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2013, 01:50:47 AM
Quote from: albeback on April 28, 2013, 01:48:53 AM

Allan

Problem is Allan your days still fill up and you wonder where they went. Not complaining at all, in fact the exact opposite  :thumbsup:

Lol!! <_<

Believe me, I can live with that!!!

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Steel Penguin

well ive finished the APCs for my 80s US marines ( 2  lav25s and an aatp7)  so im starting my NASA chase plane,  1:48 TSR-2,  jag recon pods under the wings, possibly a LATRIN style pod just under the instrument bay door and some kind of blade  / antenna farm on the spine,  wheels up and probably on the same display as my 1:72 ASAT tsr  so it looks like its zoom climbing out of cloud
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

McColm

Now that I've got the Boeing SST Supersonic Clipper in my stash, an airliner and military version.
The two Corgi diecast Airport Crash Tenders; one to be a Scud missile launcher and the will be restored.
As to the Eurofighters; two two seaters and one single. Conformal tanks added, I'm thinking of adding the wings to an F-16.
The F-15E, will get F-22 wings, tail fins and exhaust pipes.

RAFF-35

I'll just assemble a short brief list on my plans for this year;

USAF jaguar Gr.1 in Vietnam era
USAF Eurofighter in Vietnam era
Eurofighter with normal RAF livery, however, the upper surfaces will be painted in an olive colouration
DH mosquito with a turret, maybe with 4 or 5 blades?
Radial engined hawker hurricane
USAF hawker tempest
DH dragon rapide torpedo bomber
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Radish

I love the idea of a Dragon Rapide torpedo bomber. :wub: :wub:

Might think of some other Dragon Rapide whiffs.....got 3 in the stash.....

Up-engined (think dieselpunk :wacko:) and sesquiplane configuration: RAF Bomber? Afrika Reich?? :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Plans for   2013

Get to the end of it safely

Finish the strikemaster that was transmuting into a BAe Tern

Finally build the 1946  Orkney Ferries  Walrus inter island service aircraft

POSSIBLY move house....downsize....no more mortgage to pay.....my own shed as modelling area........grow more of my own veg. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Finish the HMBLT.

Then figure out what to build next!

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

darthspud

Finish the TSR2 Vietnam era Wild Weasel, weapons and radar/elint eqpt to fit and finish paint and decal.

finish the F-15E I started today - monogram kit, no instructions or decals, so open to paint scheme and marking ssuggestions, 1/72 scale

finish and firm up the Jaguar GR1/Tornado/F4 -Phantom hybrid
Tornado tailplane and fin are in place, undercarriage from spares bin, Phantom wings to get mounted and recessed area filled
the Jag kit is from two different Matchbox issues of the GR1 Jaguar
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

McColm

Using the cockpits of two Revell 1/72 F-16's.
The twin seat F-16B with the rear of a 1/100 scale SR-71.
The single seat F-16A with the wings of a Eurofighter Typhoon.

Dizzyfugu

Currently working on a Viper Mk. II (from Battlestar Galactica) in a custom paintjob version for a Group Build in a German SF forum. Might turn up here when it's done, progress is good, since it's more or less an OOB kit (ex Moebius, 1:32; recent RoG re-release).

Beyond that, I am preparing for a "Sabrecat" (original idea from PR19_kit, kudos to him for that that inspiring idea!) and collect ideas and material for a fictional USAF interceptor from the late 50ies - a Century Fighter from Republic that never was, but could have been...  ;)

darthspud

Finish the TSR2 Vietnam era Wild Weasel, weapons and radar/elint eqpt to fit and finish paint and decal.

nearly there, as soon as  I figure out how to post pics!!

too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

darthspud

Just about to finish undercarriage, weapons and sensor fit then the markings and varnish the beast.

The Wooksta!

My Lancaster phase looks to be over.  I've just dug out several Airfix Spitfire PR19s...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic