What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 28, 2017, 06:34:29 PM
Um! I've got five --- four and an XC-99 really (and eight 1/72 B-52's)

8 B-52!!!! :o

I think you got wrong. You need 8 engines for a B-52. You do not need 8 B-52 for an angine. ;D ;) :banghead: :banghead:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

kitnut617

Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 29, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

I think you got wrong. You need 8 engines for a B-52. You do not need 8 B-52 for an angine. ;D ;) :banghead: :banghead:

;D ;D ;D

The plan is to build one of each version ----- but the 'A' might be an XB-52 instead
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 29, 2017, 06:05:04 PM
Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 29, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

;D ;D ;D

The plan is to build one of each version ----- but the 'A' might be an XB-52 instead
Lonestar do the XB-52 conversion set.

McColm

Reducing the spare parts boxes with more kitbash builds.
Build some of my vacform kits, straight from the box.
Buy a small train set or end -to-end layout.

Old Wombat

I no longer make plans, I merely have "The Objective": To build all the models in my stash, present & future, sometime before I die.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JayBee

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 30, 2017, 06:24:20 AM
To build all the models in my stash, present & future, sometime before I die.

Now that is one heck of a bold statement. I absolutely know that I will never achieve that.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on November 30, 2017, 08:14:23 AM

Now that is one heck of a bold statement. I absolutely know that I will never achieve that.

Jim

You and me both Jim, I doubt if I'll manage even 25% of them, unless I hold a HUGE stash sale at some time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

My main goal for 2018 is to survive until 2019!  During the year I hope to  enjoy life, good food and the odd glass of something pleasant,  supply a back story or two(or 4 or 5) that others may wish to take and use (or modify), make the odd model now and again and join with the rest of the inhabitants of Whiffworld in their ongoing mission; participating in  the ancient and noble art of NUMPTYBOGGLING.

Specific tasks are:-
**building and properly rigging a biplane model
**trying to make sense of a paper/card kit
**doing something creative (and Fleet Air Arm) with a Javelin kit from Bungle's stash reduction
**arranging a holiday for our extended family on the Orkney Islands
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

build stuff, have fun.
the latter has been rather short this year
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 30, 2017, 12:22:49 PM

build stuff, have fun.
the latter has been rather short this year

I've got to agree with you there Lawrence. I thought 2016 was pretty grim, but 2017 REALLY topped it!  :banghead:

2018 can only get better.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2017, 10:11:14 AM

Jim

You and me both Jim, I doubt if I'll manage even 25% of them, unless I hold a HUGE stash sale at some time.

That is "The Objective", gentlemen, &, like all good objectives, it's not necessarily the achievement but, rather, the journey that's the important part! :thumbsup: ;) ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 01, 2017, 12:57:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2017, 10:11:14 AM

Jim

That is "The Objective", gentlemen, &, like all good objectives, it's not necessarily the achievement but, rather, the journey that's the important part! :thumbsup: ;) ;D

it is funny that this is discussed like that :

I was personally trying to invert the curves of incoming and built kits, in order to reduce, and possibly eventually empty, my stash ;
and I realize how non-trivial that is ... because I too like the idea of having a heap of choice, and I too have a collector's mind.
So sometimes I wonder why, even  ;)

but then indeed, the objective is a balistic thing : you target higher than the straight line, to accomodate with down to earth daily gravity

chrisonord

Unless I can sort out a comfortable chair to sit at my modelling table, my modelling will be on hold for about 3 months. I have been in hospital since Tuesday morning,had my hip replacement surgery done, and now not getting better as quick as I should. So much for me bringing a load of kits down to keep me occupied....bugger!
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on December 01, 2017, 02:50:26 AM
Unless I can sort out a comfortable chair to sit at my modelling table, my modelling will be on hold for about 3 months. I have been in hospital since Tuesday morning,had my hip replacement surgery done, and now not getting better as quick as I should. So much for me bringing a load of kits down to keep me occupied....bugger!

Glad you had the op mate, hopefully the recovery rate perks up.

I have to seriously think about my knee op's in 2018  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.