What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Finish the Sea Witch before my Brother in Law starts asking hard questions.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

The next 12 months (minimum) for me are: No Plans! Just DO!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on May 25, 2021, 04:36:36 PM
Knocking together a barricade out of PVC pipe to keep SWMBO from backing her car into a tree that had fallen during one of the storms last year.

Would a chainsaw from Home Depot be cheaper   ;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 26, 2021, 07:37:32 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 25, 2021, 04:36:36 PM
Knocking together a barricade out of PVC pipe to keep SWMBO from backing her car into a tree that had fallen during one of the storms last year.

Would a chainsaw from Home Depot be cheaper   ;D ;D ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, it was a dead tree that pulled up entirely when it fell *into* the vacant lot next door to us.  I think she'd hit the root ball or the branch it had shed a few years ago and I'd already trimmed back.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 26, 2021, 06:51:46 AM
The next 12 months (minimum) for me are: No Plans! Just DO!

Yup, I'll hopefully have loads of ideas, but just go with the flow.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

The Boeing V-22 Osprey looks remarkably similar to the Lockheed Martin S-3A Viking at some angles and yet the Airfix  Fairey Rotodyne would make a great donor kit for a kitbash.
I have in the past used the outer fuel tanks from the MH-47E on the Rotodyne but they obscured the fuselage windows. I'm not too sure if a kitbash is possible using the V-22 Osprey wings, engines and tail on the Rotodyne it does mean removing the stack and creating a new roof or the opposite could be achieved by adding the V-22 wings and engines.

A contra rotating Sea King might be a viable option with twin tail fins.

McColm

Been thinking again which can be dangerous in the wee small hours of a new morning and I have come up with a twin-boom twin-fin EE Canberra.  The boom from a Nord Nortlas could do the trick although the twin tail fins would need to be a bit bigger or replaced. As the twin boom of the C-119 is a bit on the large side for such a build.
A KB-36 Peacemaker in 1/144 scale with a flying boom/ central drogue and two pods fitted either side of the rear fuselage.
I still want to build the EB-141 Starlifter that's a C-141 with an AWAC rotodome fitted also in 1/144 scale. Just wondering if the cross-section of the cockpits are comparable as I always thought that the B-36 should have kept the YB-36 cockpit layout.
Then there's the Space Shuttle airliner taking passengers into space,  not too sure if this will work in the real world but as a whiff the possibilities are endless with different decals in 1/144 or smaller scale.
I'm still on the hunt for a 00 gauge Castle Class steam locomotive body or cheap model (non-runner) that I can paint Postbox red and add the Hogwarts Express name boards to it. I know Hornby released the Hall Class and painted it a different colour to match the carriages.
My thoughts have even changed to the HST Virgin set and removing the decals to replace them with a Hogwarts Express theme also in 00 gauge.
Then something really crazy a Formula one racing car crossed with a Range Rover chassis. Sort of Formula One  Motorcross. Speed on the tarmac and 4x4 on the off road parts of the track.
The  Japanese SP-1 flying boat or amphibious flying boat with turbofaned engines instead of turboprop engines. Either the turbofaned engines fitted above the wings or near the T-tail.

Scotaidh

Not to hijack your thread, but have you ever considered a contra-rotating Rotodyne? 

Perhaps just a  Rotodyne-type contra-rotating stack on a C-130 or the Airbus replacement?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

McColm

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 15, 2021, 01:30:44 AM
Not to hijack your thread, but have you ever considered a contra-rotating Rotodyne? 

Perhaps just a  Rotodyne-type contra-rotating stack on a C-130 or the Airbus replacement?
Yes I have to a contra- rotating Rotodyne. I think that I used the Airfix Ka Helix rotors before they snapped off,  they really need to be made of thicker plastic.
I won't be gluing the Ka-58 contra-rotors to any helicopter,  just seeing if they fit any of my started builds.
Well you see I did add the stack from the Mil-26 onto a C-130 and fitted the triple tail fins from a Lockheed Constellation to form a Heliplane.

Scotaidh

Quote from: McColm on June 15, 2021, 02:44:52 AM

Yes I have to a contra- rotating Rotodyne. I think that I used the Airfix Ka Helix rotors before they snapped off,  they really need to be made of thicker plastic.
I won't be gluing the Ka-58 contra-rotors to any helicopter,  just seeing if they fit any of my started builds.
Well you see I did add the stack from the Mil-26 onto a C-130 and fitted the triple tail fins from a Lockheed Constellation to form a Heliplane.

Nice!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

McColm

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 15, 2021, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: McColm on June 15, 2021, 02:44:52 AM

Nice!  :)
Captain Canada uploaded some photos on my blog page of my started builds and there's some on Flicker with duplicates on my Facebook Page.

McColm

An Avro New York Helicopter or Heliplane using the Mach2 Avro York as the donor kit and adding a rotor stack or stacks. The four engined wing layout can stay but the Mach2 parts will be replaced with something more suitable.  The tail fins will be larger.
I can visualise six versions of this using radial,  turboprop or turbofaned engines with various landing gear options
As it could be a helicopter without the wings with no tail rotor or Heliplane with the wings. A period build could include struts to hold the wings in place if the landing gear retracts into the fuselage.

McColm

If I can build a series using the 1/72 Yak-141/41 Freestyle as the donor kit. There's all sorts of lumps & bumps that can be added plus decals,  paint schemes of my choice. Even something very similar to the F-35B in the engine layout  or a two seater and a STOL version.
I might get away with using the front half of a Tornado F.3 for the two seater.

McColm

There's an online game called 'Airport City' which you get to pilot various aircraft,  build airports and towns.  One of the aircraft is a pure whiff as it looks like a Boeing 747 with the wings from a Lockheed Blackbird attached. I don't know if this is feasible but a 1/144 build looks interesting.

Tophe

Quote from: McColm on June 28, 2021, 09:25:43 AM
a pure whiff as it looks like a Boeing 747 with the wings from a Lockheed Blackbird attached. I don't know if this is feasible but a 1/144 build looks interesting.
Yes: interesting! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]