What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I have been thinking about putting the 1/72 Mach2 Grumman E-1 Tracer or Falcon triple conversion  E-1 radome  onto the roof of a 1/72 Heller Lockheed EC-121 Warning Star,  that's if I don't start it during the Group Build.

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2021, 01:08:48 AM
Quote from: Pellson on May 24, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
I don't do plans anymore. I go strictly by lust. The only downside is a rather substantial need for shelf space in the non-finished section, but I'll live with that.

What a sensible chap!!!

One plan I do hope I can achieve is that you and I should be able to exchange New Year  greetings at the start of 2022

This is STILL the only  plan for 2021 that I have, and I'm increasingly confident that we might just manage it!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

The Convair Model 200 Sea Control , looks very similar to the Saab 37 Viggen. The engine air intakes are different but if I changed the decals to the USNavy and added an arrestor hook.

McColm

An idea to use the Freightdog Lightning VG wings on the Mig-21 or Convair Sea Dart. I might even try the Mirage.

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on July 16, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2021, 01:08:48 AM
Quote from: Pellson on May 24, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
I don't do plans anymore. I go strictly by lust. The only downside is a rather substantial need for shelf space in the non-finished section, but I'll live with that.

What a sensible chap!!!

One plan I do hope I can achieve is that you and I should be able to exchange New Year  greetings at the start of 2022

This is STILL the only  plan for 2021 that I have, and I'm increasingly confident that we might just manage it!

It's looking better by the hour, literally. 😉
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

The Martin 'P7M SubMaster' looks to me as if the 1/72 Mach2 Martin SeaMaster has had its wings swapped over from the Hasegawa PS-1/SS-1 flying boat. The SubMaster had 4 x Wright R-1820-82 cyclone plus 2 General Electric XJ85s. It could pass for the Grumman G-132.
I once fitted the Hasegawa PS-1/SS-1 with four Rolls-Royce Griffon engines,  the engines from the C-97 or a Connie might be better.

McColm

I came across the Hogwarts Castle 3D jigsaw puzzle sold in two parts over here in the UK but in the USA it's one set with the floor mat. The smaller model is very fiddly and you do get a few gaps.  I have seen a few videos showing the construction of the larger set and yes there's a few gaps but nothing I can't fix.
I have found that the 1/72 Italeri EH-101 Merlin kits are easier to build so I can whiff a few more but the price differs.Best shop around.

Joe C-P

Not much space yet for a hobby room/closet/table, so most of mine are in storage.  I do have my tools and paints and bought some 1/1800 ships for a Korean War what-if diorama, first models I've touched in almost two years!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

kerick

My plan is to continue healing up and carry on with the Ian Mcque homage.
Blood test results are in and hormone levels are just where they should be for the first time in a few years.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

I have an idea to convert a 1/72 C-160 Transall into a four turbofaned aircraft using two sets of the Lockheed Martin S-3A Viking engines. I did think by adding the engines from the 1/72 Hobbycraft Boeing V-22 Osprey would work but it means cutting the wings to fit.
The new ish Revell Breguet Br.1150 Atlantic ATL1 in the Italian decals could do with an additional pair of Rolls-Royce Tyne turboprop engines .
An ambitious  plan is to buy a cheap RC helicopter and repaint it or add extra parts to it.

Pellson

Quote from: JoeP on October 29, 2021, 02:08:51 PM
Not much space yet for a hobby room/closet/table, so most of mine are in storage.  I do have my tools and paints and bought some 1/1800 ships for a Korean War what-if diorama, first models I've touched in almost two years!

Lovely to see you back, Joe!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on October 30, 2021, 12:35:54 AM
Quote from: JoeP on October 29, 2021, 02:08:51 PM

Lovely to see you back, Joe!

Indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

If you put delta wings on the Blackburn Buccaneer would it be the Javelin?
I have built a few of the Airfix RAF Launchers they don't float and tend to sink in the bathtub. I know in the RW that some were converted into pleasure craft but what if the Royal Navy had used them and kept a few?
The Avro York bomber, another good idea which up in the bin. This Mach2 kit needs a lot of work to get a decent model.
The stash when I get reunited with it, the plan will be to finish the started builds and take lots of pictures of them so you can see what I have been doing.
I will use up the spares to produce some kitbashes, I have enough 1/24 Ford Capri kits to keep me busy.

McColm

The Mach2 Martin PB2-Y Coronado could be kitbashed with the engines from the Airfix or Revell Avro Shackleton. Even the wings could be lengthened or exchanged for the Shackleton's.  I'm not too sure if I can use the landing gear for this build or the twin tail fins.