What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 14, 2022, 08:55:45 AM
1. Stay alive!
2. Build models!

In that order. ;)

AGREED!  With a slight amendment

1. Stay alive!  and be able to wish you all a Happy New Year on 01/01/23
2. a      Write more backstories
2.b       Finish some models!

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

I should be able to kitbash the North American RA-5C with the F-18F. My first thought was to use the conformal fuel tanks on the F-15C/D if they fit.
A swing-wing version using the Mig-23/27.
To finish all my started builds, I still have a few complete kits in the stash but they are big even in 1/72 scale so I will need the room.

McColm

I should be working on my 00 gauge layout, finishing my current builds. With the fitness course I will be able to do some of the D.I.Y. jobs like putting up shelves and racking. I might be able to return to work in the spring of 2024.

McColm

What if the Boeing B-17 was powered by four Rolls-Royce Griffons? I know that someone tried fitting Rolls-Royce Dart engines back in the 1970s, but I think with the various Shackleton kits available this might be an easier option.
I've always wanted to build the cargo version of the B-17 and a whiffed B-29 freighter.
Somewhere in the stash is a couple of boat kits, I'm not too sure if they are complete or compatible with each other but this should be interesting none the less.
More car builds and a few cheap R/C ready built cars plus a helicopter. I have a park that's very close to me but due to my mobility I haven't been able to visit it yet but once I get my stamina back I'll be out and about more often.
 The 00 gauge layout, this will be built in modules as I keep changing my mind on what it is supposed to look like when it's finished. As to the O gauge one that will run on a continuous loop around my bedroom just below the ceiling on a purpose built shelf.

Dizzyfugu

Well, there was the XB-38, a test bed with four with liquid-cooled Allison V-1710-89 Vee engines:

zenrat

There are a number of pics of a B-17 with four Darts out there.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Joe C-P

Quote from: McColm on June 15, 2022, 07:00:46 AMWasn't that a song by the Beegees ;D

BG?  Miscellaneous battleship?

I don't know what I'll be doing for what-ifs in the near future.  Maybe I'll hop into the Logistics build; I have an idea, and the base kit isn't expensive.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

McColm

Boats, something that I haven't had a go at, the Cutty Sark is in Royal Greenwich which is not that far from me and now that I have the room I can display it without it getting broken. Just have to find a bottle big enough for it to fit in  ;D
A large plastic water container will do, cut a piece out so it fits over the top.

Geoff

Quote from: Rheged on June 15, 2022, 08:44:11 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 14, 2022, 08:55:45 AM1. Stay alive!
2. Build models!

In that order. ;)

AGREED!  With a slight amendment

1. Stay alive!  and be able to wish you all a Happy New Year on 01/01/23
2. a      Write more backstories
2.b       Finish some models!

Yep, sums it up well   :banghead:

Geoff

Ok-
Ultramar war planes, real and wif.
IA-PVO                        ,             ,,
Mig-19's
Su-7's
Migs
Migs
Migs
Starfighters lots and lots
Nihon Kaigun

McColm

It looks like the TT 1:120 gauge is almost the same scale as my Hogwarts Castle 3D card puzzle, so I could buy one of the cheaper starter sets and have that as one of my layouts. I just need to find or build a coffee table that's large enough for it all to fit.
Depending on my finances.

Beermonster58

Plans for 2023? Well, I don't normally plan ahead for a year but, my future plans (which may extend beyond 2023 are :
Convair B-58 Hustler (RAF)
B-58C - based (very) loosely on the concept designs
Continuing my line up of aircraft operated by the Air Force of the Independent Scottish Republic including, F-80C/T-33, Breguet Atlantic
A-61 Black Widow - ground attack variant of the P-61
Using the Revell 1/144 TU-95 and, Academy 1/144 B-52, I have a sort of "what if a TU-95 and, B-52 had mated" idea! :blink:  ;D. I propose installing the TU-95 engines on the B-52 wing, using pylon mounts (as in the proposed Boeing XB-55) and, using the B-52 engines likewise on the TU-95. I rather like the bicycle landing gear concept so, I figure it would be possible to modify the TU-95 thus by using the kit main landing gear (subject to suitable modifications)
Airbus A-321 MPA using the excellent Zvezda 1/144 kit

Well, I think that's enough for now!! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Freightdog862

Definitively want to finish some kits! Including my Airfix fabric wing Hurricane which just needs paint....

Thanks,
Colin

Gondor

Imediate plans are to finnish a build for the currant Group Build and to start on my Double Eagle powered Tempests. Hopefully finnish another couple of builds along the way and I really must make some progress on the Hunters I have started, but we shall see.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....