What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Quote from: Vostoc7 on May 04, 2023, 05:24:09 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on May 04, 2023, 04:54:02 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on April 20, 2023, 02:07:07 AMLast two builds for a while will probably be a Trans-Atlantic Schneider Trophy entry (1948?)  Arado Ar. E555 floatplane & another Meteor X-Wing but in the nose-tail swap configuration, unless I get hit by a bus, in which case I think I'll build angel X-Wings. ;D ..although I have already built an Angel Interceptor X-Wing  ;D

Those planes are very well , like them much .

Today we went into new membership at the local scale modelling club (  VdPM Hannover ) .
Me and my wife will show all my models at the club exhibition later this year .
There are NOT many whatifs in the group I think  :thumbsup:

Good luck, you have some great models to display, in the great tradition of German innovation :thumbsup:

We had the luck to be VERY welcome at the local modell club, lot of nice guys who like our concept , and good to share time with them .

But in german online boards and modell groups they almost HATE kitbashing and whatif .  It is a bit funny for me and my wife  shocking the philistine,  just like our punk time in the early 80's again !

The great german innovations are only history,  nothing moves in the right direction here , paper work only like BRAZIL from Terry Gilliam.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

Quote from: killnoizer on September 15, 2023, 04:10:10 AMBut in german online boards and modell groups they almost HATE kitbashing and whatif .  It is a bit funny for me and my wife  shocking the philistine,  just like our punk time in the early 80's again !

;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I hadn't planned to build a land version of the Bolhm and Voss Bv 222 V4 using the Revell kit and parts from a C-130 or C-160 but I have been set a challenge so all I can do is source the necessary parts until the workbench is clear of my started builds.
Boeing has announced that they are going to introduce a twin engine version of the 747, I have toyed with the idea of fitting the engines from the B-52H.
Prices for the 1/144 scale model kits are almost the same as the 1/72 kit, again I will be on the lookout for the parts.
I really want to crack on with my 00 gauge model railway layout, the platforms will have to wait until I decide on how long they will be. Probably building them in sections to begin with. Once the baseboard is sorted then something permanent.
I'm hoping that all my current unfinished builds will be completed by the end of 2024 as all of them are at the PSR stage or awaiting paint and decals. I need the space.
Once I return to work the stash can be started again .

Rheged

I'm starting to think about aims for 2024.  This is what has developed so far:-

Be here to wish you all a Happy New Year 2025

Enjoy viewing/reading other whiffers works

Write a few more backstories..........including an Australian nuclear navy (thanks for letting me play with this  Old Wombat )Winkle Brown's "Hannebu" report and the Type 35 "Windscale" class destroyer.

Have a go at a 1/48 Gloster Gladiator in Manx service......including full rigging

Continue to enjoy good food and (in sensible amounts) well brewed beer and single malt whisky

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Toying with the idea of a pair of Junkers Ju 390s.  I have an ancient Contrail vacform that looks just about buildable, albeit with a lot of spares, resin and aftermarket Ju 290 bits thrown at it. 

The other option is a decidedly expensive Planet kit which will be a lot easier to build.

There is a conversion from a dubious German outfit but some of the resin looks decidedly badly cast.  I could try cobbling together two Revell kits but these are becoming difficult to find at a reasonable price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Try and improve my build rate, simple as that. Oh and survive  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 13, 2023, 11:33:02 AMThere is a conversion from a dubious German outfit but some of the resin looks decidedly badly cast.  I could try cobbling together two Revell kits but these are becoming difficult to find at a reasonable price.

I built one of the German conversions a couple of years ago. It was Ok-ish.
But then again I also build Unicraft models  ;D  ;D  ;D

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

In 2024 i'd like to;
Finish the Sea Witch.
Get motivated to continue scratchbuilding the 1/25 '69 Winnebago.
Build a resin aircraft kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: TomZ on December 14, 2023, 02:42:57 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 13, 2023, 11:33:02 AMThere is a conversion from a dubious German outfit but some of the resin looks decidedly badly cast.  I could try cobbling together two Revell kits but these are becoming difficult to find at a reasonable price.

I built one of the German conversions a couple of years ago. It was Ok-ish.
But then again I also build Unicraft models  ;D  ;D  ;D

TomZ

Bird's resin is actually really good, but the mastering is somewhat meh.  The 390 conversion has parts that in the photos have clear shrinkage issues.  The Ju 290B conversion bits look good though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Do SOME work, ANY work, on my Atlantic Conveyor model!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2023, 12:25:45 AMTry and improve my build rate, simple as that. Oh and survive  :angel:

That's roughly the same as me although I have the "save for a trip to Telford" on that list as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on December 14, 2023, 12:33:19 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2023, 12:25:45 AMTry and improve my build rate, simple as that. Oh and survive  :angel:

That's roughly the same as me although I have the "save for a trip to Telford" on that list as well.

Gondor

YES!!  I will add that to my list, although living an hour's drive from Telford makes it easier for me.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Oh, try to actually finish things at other times of the year and not just for Telford!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

I've got a 1/35th Legend Maxpro MRAP in resin ..next year I am hoping to build that and detail the nuts out of it.
Also want to turn it back into the twin tyred version..im thinking tho that some wiffy mods will be in order .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise